Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Some more information for those interested in Blanket Trips offered by 'The Green Tour'.

The Green Tour are a Company based in Spain but with their factory in Germany, and they are called:-

AMORINI INTERNATIONAL S.L.
Avda Pais De Valencia NO. 41
Post Box 372
Alfaz Del Pi
Alicante
Spain

You can call them via an English Telephone Number which they have set up to keep your cost down and the number is:-

(020) 7247 6767

Their products are manufactured in Germany and will be delievered to your home address ( you can specify the month for delievery when placing your order) direct from their main factory which is in Germany itself and the details for the Blanket Factory are:-

MATHERM
Wollwarenfabrik & Handelsgesellschaft mbH
WeesenstraBe 18 - 36269 Philippsthal. Postfach 1261.
GERMANY.
Tel: (0049) 06620-938-0
Fax: (0049) 938-420

E-Mail:- matherm@matherm.de

If you log onto this site you can view all their products and get some more information. Unfortunately I do not have any details for the NHP Blanket Trip and they do not appear to have a Website.
Well thanks everyone for your detailed replies. I don't think it will be much of a pleasure for my 7 yearold, he can't sit still for 5 mins. Plus I don't really want to sit and listen to some speil for 45mins to an hour when I could be out there doing other things. Will have to think about it. But then again........ chocolate..........mmmmmmmmmm........ :wink:
Thanks very much BHIC for the excellent review of the blanket trip(s). :tup I have wondered for many years what this was all about and typically, avoided them like the 'Time Share' plague. :tut However having read your explanation, I think I'll try a trip next week. :pele

Shows what an excellent forum this is and how is really can assist. :thanks
Thanks very much BHIC for the excellent review of the blanket trip(s). I have wondered for many years what this was all about and typically, avoided them like the 'Time Share' plague. However having read your explanation, I think I'll try a trip next week.

Shows what an excellent forum this is and how it really can assist

Thats all right. You are welcome. As you say, Forums like this can help in many ways.

As for taking infants, or small children, well I don't have any myself, but I would tend to agree, sitting through a Sales Demonstration might not be to their taste. Its not really a childrens thing. They do of course get a free drink of lemonade or coke and get to taste the choccies as the adults do. But the Demonstration is only about an hour long, no more, and for just one hour out of your holiday time you get to see some places you might not otherwise get to, and you might decide you want to go back on your own and spend some more time there....by hiring a car for example. They really are worth it....IMO. But each to their own.

The Chocolate and Nuggart factory really is well worth a visit. The driver takes you around some very small, very pretty little villages on the way and there are some spectacular views to be seen. The factory itself is very interesting and you can see the history of how they used to make chocolate and nuggart. You also get to watch a short video in a small 'cinema'. There is a viewing balcony where you can see the chocolate being made and at the end of the guided tour, there is a small shop selling all sorts of chocolates, sweets, candy, nuggarts and other such products, and all very reasonably priced....a lot cheaper than in the shops in Benidorm itself. You do not have to pay for the shops 'mark-up' prices you see...you are buying direct from the factory. Anyone with a craving for chocolate will love this excursion.

Gentlemen will find the Vintage Car Musem on one excursion really interesting and there is a fabulous souvenir-cum-bodega shop right next door selling all sorts of souvenirs, much better than what you find in the Chinese 'TaT' shops in Beni. And all at exceptionally reasonable prices.
You can ask the Blanket Trip Vendors for a free leaflet that lists all their free trips with their itineries so you can 'muse' it over while you are relaxing on your balcony and select which trip/s you might like to go on. They will not ask that you book straight away. They are NOT like Time Share Touts I assure you.

Something else I have ommitted to mention. The Blanket Trips will take you on various different excursions as I have mentioned previously, although not all on the same trip of course. Now there is nothing from stopping you from booking more than one excursion. So for example you could book the Guadalest trip for the morning, and the Chocolate Factory trip for the afternoon, or The Alicante trip one day and the Denia trip another.....you are welcome to book as many free trips as you like. They don't mind. BUT.....naturally you will have to sit through the same Demonstration more than once....unless you remain behind and sit on the coach of course. Only problem with doing that is the driver switches the engine off so there will be no air conditioning, but you could always have a wander around for a short while. Just keep an eye on the time. Each Sales Demomstration lasts anything up to an hour.

The Green Tour also give away a free Bottle of Wine on their excursions whether you make a purchase or not. Well thats how it was when I last took a Blanket Trip last October...things MAY have changed slightly, I'm not sure.
BHIC.....
You should get a job with the blanket trip companies...you`d make a great salesman :lol:

The products are overpriced and if just one person out of a coach load of tourist, approx 52 people, are persuaded to make a purchase, then that mark up price of the goods will cover the "free" trip for the other 50 or 51 people on the bus.
These companies don`t hire a coach, a driver, the cost of the petrol, plus a bottle of plonk for nothing...and who is paying the wages of these people stood around Benidorm giving out leaflets, hoping that you`ll go along for the ride.?.....I`m sorry, but what planet are you on.?
You have already contradicted yourself by saying "don`t buy the juicers because you have seen them cheaper on the shopping channels".....and other people have stated in this thread, that they have seen similar items of bedding, with the same standards , cheaper in the UK.....
Therefore, you don`t need to be a rocket scientist to work out for yourself who is paying for the "free" trip.
There really is NO 'catch' on these FREE trips, yes I know that does not seem very likely, but trust me, there isn't

There IS A CATCH, for the person who falls for the sales pitch. :twisted: so I think you should stop telling people it is entirely free and to trust you. :roll: :twisted:

Sanji :twisted:
sorry sanji but you are talking toss these trips are totally free you do not have to buy anything at all you my friend are just stirring things up the truth is for once free means free
May I enter as a mediator at this point. I was directed to this thread by Julie, who has previously been on a "Blanket Trip" with her Mother. It seems from what I have read, (and thank you BenidormHereICome for your detailed explanation), that these trips are indeed free if that is what you choose it to be, with no 'hard sell'. I think what Sanji is saying is a warning to those who may succumb to what is known in the advertising industry as 'subliminal' influence. These trips are indeed free, (and Julie and I will be going on one in a few weeks time 8) ), but take heed of Sanji's warning to those who are easily persuaded to part with their hard earned cash.
Please folks ... keep discussion friendly.

Sanji is making the point which has already been made before. These trips are only free if you do not succumb to the sales pitch, which is by no means hard sell.

But these excursions are expensive to operate in terms of transport costs, wages and commissions. They do have to be paid by someone, and that is those making purchases during the trip. The costs of the excursion will be reflected in the price of the goods and so those making any purchases are effectively paying for those who go along for the 'free' ride.

If you want to go along for a free sightseeing trip - great !! But if you intend making any purchases, just bear in mind what you are paying for and consider whether you may be able to purchase similar or better quality goods elsewhere, without a share of the transport and staffing costs incorporated into the price.

David :wave
you my friend are just stirring things up

You my friend would know if I was stirring things up. :wink:
I gave my opinion and it differs from yours, but I don`t need you to tell me I am talking a load of toss. :twisted:
I never said that you have to buy anything...what I said was that if one person does buy, then the mark-up price of the goods will have paid for your "free" trip.
I think it is called a good marketing ploy, where you get the customer to look at the goods in the first place....and maybe, just maybe someone might buy.!

Sanji
There IS A CATCH, for the person who falls for the sales pitch. so I think you should stop telling people it is entirely free and to trust you

Not quite sure what you mean by that Sanji. I have bought bedding from The Green Tour but this was only after having been on numerous FREE Blanket Trips over the past several years. I cannot agree that I
"fell for the sales pitch".
. I thought long and hard about my purchase and I am very pleased with it. I have not seen any similar product here in the UK that I can buy for the price I paid. I also do not agree that the products.....the BEDDING Products are "overpriced". Yes, the Juicers were over priced IMHO, but the bedding no. But you DO need to compare what you get for your money. The products offered by the NHP Blanket Trip are no where near as good as those offered by The Green Tour. (IMHO)

You have already contradicted yourself by saying "don`t buy the juicers because you have seen them cheaper on the shopping channels".....

I'm sorry, perhaps I am being a bit naieve (spelling) but I do not see how I have contradicted myself. I said the Bedding was NOT cheap.....
The main Bedding Products are not cheap. You can pay anything up to £1.000 for a Full Set
I think that is quite clear. I never said I have seen it cheaper in the UK, which I have not. In fact I have not seen ANYTHING in the UK to compare these excellent products to. They are WELL worth the money (IMHO). I have not slept so well before buying the mattress. And the Pillows are as good as the day they arrived and I've had them three years now.

I mentioned the Juicers......because I have seen them on the Shopping Channels (Not sure if I am allowed to quote the Channel name and number, so I won't) ....NOT identical to those sold on the Blanket Trips I admit, but virtually identical and certainly as good as, and for MUCH less. The Juicers on these trips can set you back over £300.....on the TV they can be bought for less than £80.00. I saw NO difference in the specs.

But the Trips themselves are TOTALLY FREE --- IF you do not make any purchases. I think it is important to make that clear to the Reader. There is NO 'catch' if you opt not to make a purchase. its all a question of 'Do I want one of those', 'do I really NEED one of those', 'can I really AFFORD one of those'. There is NO 'catch'. I cannot see how you think that there is but maybe I'm wrong :?: :hmmm

Will Power :?:

I should also point out that on each Blanket Trip that I have been on over half of the coach has been on at least one FREE trip before, some have been on several, and are returning to make further purchases.
that they have seen similar items of bedding, with the same standards , cheaper in the UK.....
I'd be interested to know where....as I have not seen anything in the UK that comes anything close to the quality of these products.

The people who buy these products do so because they WANT to like myself. I am well aware that you do not get something for nothing these days. But the point is, if you do NOT buy anything, if you do NOT go into the places that they charge a small admission fee, if you do NOT buy any souvenirs, if you do NOT leave a small tip for the Driver.....all of which you do NOT have to do, then the trip IS totally FREE.

so I think you should stop telling people it is entirely free and to trust you.
But it IS "entirely free" Sanji IF you don't buy anything, of which you are under NO obligation to do so. I'm NOT asking people to "trust" me or to take what I say as Gospel.

Can I also make it quite clear now that I am NOT in anyway associated with either The NHP Company or The Green Tour Company. I do NOT work for either of them and I never have. I do not intend to either. And I'm also NOT trying to 'drum up' more business for either of them.

I'm merely trying to answer the Poster's question which was to explain what these trips are all about, and I think I have done that to the best of my ability. If people decide to book a FREE trip as a direct result of my posting then that is fine, if they don't, that is equally fine. From what I have been reading, many people have avoided booking a Blanket Trip because they have been under the impression that they are very similar to Time Share Touts which is simply NOT so.

Anyway, enough said I think.
:zip
Anyway, enough said I think

Yes, I think so !! :wink
David :wave
I still think it is strange that NHP can't be found on the internet

Yes they can. I've just managed to find a Website for 'The NHP Blanket Trip'. It does not tell you very much about their products though, unlike the Green Tour Website. But it does give you a telephone number if you wish to book a free trip, so I am sure you could obtain more information on that number. The site also gives a bit of information on the various places of interest that the tour will take yo to. However, despite the lack of product information, it may help those that are now thinking 'shall I or shan't I?' :hmmm

Take a look at this site :arrow:

http://www.blankettrip.com

(The link to the 'Link To England' appears to be broken?)

And a quick reminder so you can compare, here is that link again to the Green Tour Blanket Trip :arrow:

http://www.matherm.de

And for those that would like to compare the Spanish Blanket Trip Companies to a similar UK Based Company, ( I don't think you will get a FREE trip from here though :wink: ) just to confirm that I am not biased towards any particular Company, here is a link that may be of interest to you:-

http://www.healthysleep.co.uk

And one final point that I would like to make and that I have not already mentioned. If you *do* decide to make a purchase, you will *not* be asked to make *any* payment at the time of purchase. They will not ask for any form of Deposit. The Demonstration Staff will complete an Order Form and give you a copy. Once your order has been recieved by you back home, (you can specify when you want your order to be delivered)you get the chance to examine it and decide if you want to keep it. If not, you arrange for it to be collected and sent back. At no cost to you. If you *do* decide to keep the product/s, then and ONLY then will you recieve an Invoice/Bill requesting payment.

:zip Right that really is enough said now. :zip
Wow...... :shock: :wow

I don't think I'll go on the trip now :yikes

The last time I saw an on-line argument like that was over the price of salt herring in Peterhead.. :rofl

Even the arguments are informative :thanks

Any way DON'T CARE....going to Beni tomorrow :fly
My bedding is still going strong after daily use since purchase. We got cold on a Haven Caravan holiday last September (no heating) so came home and got the blanket.
Hi Stevebell,

I recently visited the costa del sol via Thomson.

I purchased an over blanket, Bio Memory pillow and a Bio memory mattress.

It was delivered yesterday and i was delighted after a lovely nights sleep.
It arrives (the mattress) completely flat as to which you leave it unwrapped for 6 hours to inflate.

Its so comfortable. I was kept sufficiently warm all night with the overbed.

Cotton bedding is advised...I purchased good value sheets and bedding from the additions website.

I often get back ache due to my line of work and it has already helped. It gives great support and cushions the whole body reaching the lower back, which is where i get the problems.

My previous mattress did not support this area of my back before.

The pillows are also great. There was real support for my neck to.

I know these products are a bit pricy but worth the money.

They are gaurenteed for 10 years (the mattress). The mattress never needs regular turning either.
Highly recommended
Hello Life. I am so pleased you are happy with your purchases from the Free Blanket Trips. You will not be dissapointed and will soon appreciate that it was money very well spent. I bought my products three years ago and they are still as good as the day they first arrived. Did you enjoy the trip you were taken on incidentally?
hi to you all ...it just goes to show how a lot of us "normal" folk differ ,.my wife and i after doing a few of the free blanket trips brought the full set about two years ago,.we paid a thousand pounds for it,..my wife thinks it the best thing out since we bought a bread maker,.i think it was the biggest waste of money i have ever spent,.....but the free. :?: trips were o.k........regards//john-doe
Well, my seventh trip to Benidorm, and thanks to some very informative posts, Julie and I finally went on a Blanket Trip, a Green one actually, so that we could go to the animal sanctuary.

We set off, and our courier was very good at her job. By the time we reached our first stop, I had learnt that if I took neat Aloe Vera every morning, and used the ointment, I would never again suffer any ageing or illness - (although I did notice that it hadn't helped her with her celulite! she should have worn a longer skirt)! So, our first stop was a shop that sold - Aloe Vera - oh, and chocolate and wine as well.

Our next port of call was a shop that sold designer products at "I don't believe it" prices. Actually, I needed an all round outer garment, and I did buy a very nice "Next" jacket for 15E, (with a genuine ticket saying £39.99). I was very pleased with my purchase, even though when I got home I discovered that one arm was longer than the other two - no, I don't mean it, that's just a joke I heard in Benidorm!

Then we moved on to what the trip is really about - bedding. I enjoyed my free glass of Lager, and unknowingly ended up as a model. I have to say, the mattress was sublime, I could quite happily have fallen asleep. I learnt more about dust mites and yellow staines on pillows than I did at school! Although I was impressed, I decided that the amount of dust mites in my bed is nothing compared to the amount I have slept with in previous years, so I will keep my £999 for something else.

We then went to Guadalest, a beautiful village in the mountains, where we visited a very interesting museum and had something to eat.

Finally, the animal sanctuary. I can see why some people would say that it was not a perfect environment, (a little like the old fashioned zoo in some ways). However, one must bear in mind that many of these animals have been rescued from extremely inhospitable circumstances.
When we were sat on the coach, ready for our journey home, someone was missing. An eccentric elderly lady had disappeared! Julie and I had noticed some very excited noises coming from the ape enclosure, so our imaginations were working overtime! She did turn up eventually, bless her, and off we went.

I arrived back at the hotel with a lovely bite on my leg - I had no Aloe Vera, so I made do with some anti-biotic cream, which did the trick.

A good day out - "Been there, done it, and got the jacket for 15E" :wink:
DORM wrote:
(although I did notice that it hadn't helped her with her celulite! she should have worn a longer skirt)!

:rofl

At least you enjoyed your 'free' trip and that is the point.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.