Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm not going to go there :lol:

Yasiou have a look HERE

Sanji x
I'm not going to go there

:lol: :lol: :lol: Go on Sanji...you know you want too!! :twisted:

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Thanks for posting the link Sanji, but I have now merged today's posts with the thread mentioned, so as to keep all Blanket Trips discussion in one place.

David :wave
Hi Everyone that is me i have been here in benni now for 5 days now and i must say what you have all said is true i like it a lot .
What i am on here asking is any of the blanket trips allow kids of the age of 6 and 12 as i think i would like to go on one of them but if i cant take the kids with me then i know i would not be able to go on one of the blanket trips.

sharonc
Hi Sharon, We went on a blanket trip when we were in Benalmadena 2 years ago with our children. They were age 11 and 4 then but not sure if you can in Beni. Just ask one of the people who recruit for the trips, they will advise you.
Also just think on, if they are allowed that during the talk it might be a little bit boring for them. We were very lucky as the sales girl at the blanket factory made a real fuss of ours and made them feel special but it was still a long time for a 4 year old to sit still and listen.

Glad to hear that it's all going well.

Sue :)
Are NHP still in bed with Thomson or is that relationship severed?
Are NHP still in bed with Thomson or is that relationship severed?

Afraid not...they are still nice and cosy with each other :roll:

Sanji
Well I bought my purchases over three years ago now and they are still as good as the day they were delivered and still as cosy and comfy.
hi

has anyone been on a free trip with TOSCANA TOURS??

they have a few good ones and i just want to check they are reputable and going to be a good day out.

thanks

ian
Yes I have been with Toscana Tours, and everything was fine. In fact when i went with them they gave a bottle of whiskey to each party, and as my Mum and I were advised to have separate tickets, we had two bottles!!! The blanket demo was a short drive outside Benidorm and didn't last very long, certainly not as long as the NHP demo
just been on the thomson alicante free blanket trip.

excellent. totally free. no obligation. english guide on the bus telling us what was where on the way.
a coffee at the factory with a small cake (both free)
a drop of moscatel at the end as well (free)

all in all, a decent half day (5 hours) out.

excellent. totally free. no obligation. english guide on the bus telling us what was where on the way.
a coffee at the factory with a small cake (both free)
a drop of moscatel at the end as well (free)

all in all, a decent half day (5 hours) out.

How long was the sales spin/demonstration.?

Sanjiiiiii

Sorry to be technical, but I assume, this being Thomson that it was a NHP trip?

On another note, prefer the Green Tours myself, where they lead Toscana and NHP seem to follow
JKKne wrote:
Sorry to be technical, but I assume, this being Thomson that it was a NHP trip?
It is my understanding that Thomsons are closely associated with the NHP Blanket Trips and have been for a number of years now. Some Thomson Reps often invite an NHP Banket Trip Rep to attend their 'Welcome Meetings' to present a short piece about their Company and the Free Trips. But I'm not sure if they are actually part of The World Of TUI, of which Thomsons is now a part.

I agree, The Green Tour is, in my own humble opinion, a far better tour than the NHP one, and if was from The Green Tour that I actually made my purchases.

I'm afraid I cannot offer you any further advise as the link to the NHP Blanket Trip which I posted in an earlier posting now appears to be dead, or possibly disabled?
Ummm, just had a look at the "highlights" booklet that you are given by Thomson giving a list and price of the excursions and it says they offer 2 completely free excursions (using European Health Promotions)
One is to Alicante town and marina and the other is "Discover Spain"

So, is European Health Promotions the same as NHP.? have they just changed their name or is it a different company?....not that it makes much difference to me like. :lol:
http://www.europeanhealthpromotions.com/index.html

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
I've always understood that NHP stood for: 'Natural Health Products'. But it seems strange that I can no longer find a website for them.

I guess they could have changed their name, but that still seems very strange when NHP has been running succesfully in Benidorm and other Spanish Resorts for a long time. if it ain;t broke, why fix it :roll:
Great half day trip,we have done about 10 of them,sad some may say,but it gets you out of the resort for a nice change.We have been to Alicante, Moria,a spanish car boot sale,with a band and free sangria,and lots of places,you get a free drink and cake and a free raffle, i have won a couple of prizes,and to finish off a visit to a bodega for wine tasting and chocolates,no obligation,I have never bought anything yet.
A few years back my parents and I, when we were in Benidorm for Christmas, booked a Free Blanket Trip, this was before we went with The Green Tour, and I don't think it was the NHP Trip....but the trip was advertised as taking us to a "Christmas Market". When we arrived, the 'Christmas Market' turned out to be a Car Boot Sale, which we were not impressed with, so we walked back to Resort and abandoned the remainder of the trip. But all the other Free Blanket Trips we have been on have been great.
I believe one of the Ladies who runs the "Roundtown" newspaper and office is connected with one of the Blanket trips although i dont know which one!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.