Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Are you actually staying in Bodrum Coolie? Cos if you are, you will be spoilt for choice with leather and gold shops. Some of the styles in the windows of both are a bit erm- Elizabeth Taylor :shock: - but if you go inside, you will no doubt find what you are looking for. There are loads of gold and leather shops along the main 2 shopping streets, just up from the marina and the castle. You will easily find them. I always like Mert jewellers on the square there - just across from the Green House and Fora bars. There is a leather shop just beside Mert which I've been in as well, my mate bought a leather coat in there and was very pleased with it. They will adjust any items you buy to fit within a couple of hours too.

Remember to haggle - fix in your mind a price you will be happy paying and don't go over it. Don't be embarrassed to haggle either - it is expected of you.

Elaine
Hi,
My wife and i leave for bodrum on Thursday an an AI hol at the Bantur Naz Hotel.
Yes ive read a lot of varying reviews about this place but we're willing to give it a go!
My question is.....Has anyone stayed there and do they include wine in the AI package??....Strange question i know but my my wife asked me last night and now it has me curious too....weird huh??.
Thanks...P.
seems rather quiet in this section of the turkey forum. we have booked bodrum and I cant wait as we're turkey freaks!!

can anyone answer the following:

is there a company online where we can find excursion details to get ideas of where to go and prices?

where can we get the dolmus too that is worth visiting?

I read the market is on a tues and thurs in bodrum but the tue is textiles....is this right?
You can get a dolmus to anywhere on the peninsula. It depends what you want to do. Yalikavak, Turgetreis (market on Saturday!), Bitez (sunbathing and restaurants), Gomusluk ......etc. etc. Let us know what you want to do and I am sure you will get loads of suggestions.
can anyone recommend any reputable tour companies - we always do them non-operator but have had a bad experience with an unlicensed operator and horse riding in the past!!
When we were in Bodrum we used a company called Bodex. They are on a corner in the road that runs parallel to the main shopping/bar street.

If you walk back towards the castle from the Red Lion, turn right just before the public loos and the glass blower and you'll find Bodex a few yards up through the cut.

I think, if I remember rightly and if its still there, which I presume it is.

Will certainly use them again when we are there in May this year.

To be honest, I don't know how their prices compared with other agents they just made booking a pleasure which is why we used them.
does anyone know what the exchange rate is like at the moment in Bodrum - is it worth changing it all up there?
:wave Hi - we're going to Turkbuku at the beginning of May. Can anyone here tell me a bit about the place please.
MAD KITTY. we go to bodrum a lot, and i always change my sterling up there as i always get a better rate there, just go into any bank and you will get a better rate than in uk.
does anyone know of any good opticians in bodrum and whether they are a lot cheaper than the uk?
Biggles
Do you think it's best to take British cash and change the money there or just use the ATM's outside of the banks?
Is there any types of evening entertainment apart from the usual bars and discos. Shows etc?
We are staying at the Gardenya Hotel in Bodrum from 26th May for two weeks if anyone has any other advice or opinions which might be helpful, I would be very grateful.
You arrive at the Gardenya, the day after I do!

They have a Turkish night once a week, think its Thursday, but could well be wrong.
it is thursday weve been to the gardenya a few times the show is turkish dancers, drag belly dancer and female belly dancer with a bbq i hope this helps im going on the 20 august ian the saint
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.