Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We love Bodrum and the whole peninsula - so much so that we have been going back for the last 10 years! Bodrum, Ortakent, Torba, Bitez - there is something for everyone within a dolmus ride of Bodrum. It depends on your age and what you are looking for - we are 'old foggies' who like a quiet base, but we love shopping and 'people watching' in Bodrum (watch for the 'narfs', 'half narfs' and 'narf and a harfs'!!!) Hope you have a great time. Sorry I can't help with the hotel or airline, but I am sure that someone will.
We have just come back from our first holiday to Turkey staying inthe Bodrum area and I fell in love with it.
You will have a great time, as there is something for everyone.
:D we love Bodrum too! try the market and there is a little Turkish eatery within the market building, the castle is worth a look and the harbour is full of gullets and the odd ocean liner-bar street at night can be a bit hectic but find a taverna away from this and enjoy the view-bars on the harbourside are very expensive but offer the best views-no beach but great atmosphere however not as'turkish' as fethye- have a good time! we're off to altinkum in september our first time there-but love Turkey!
Hi

Can anyone please tell me how far Bodrum is from Sarigerme (Nr Dalaman)? some friends will be out there at the same time as us and wondering if it would be too much of a nightmare to meet up!

Thanks

Jo Jo :shrug
Hiya,

Yes, it will be a nightmare.
I once (and only once) flew into Dalaman airport and got a coach to Bodrum - 4 hours up a mountain.

Elaine
hi
thanks for the info, really looking forward to sept, will give a review of the hotel for future travellers
Did any one go to halikarnas when going to bodrum this year? I missed out on going but i have heard from many that it is great! Has anyone got any information about it who have been there before :)
Hi can anyone advice me on what days they have a market in the Bodrum area as we shall be off to that area in 4 weeks time. Also can anyone recommend any good trips to go on. We have been to Turkey several times but never to this area.
Thanks Redjoe
Hiya,

The market in Bodrum in on Tuesdays, its beside the bus station.
Is it Bodrum you're staying in redjoe?

Elaine
:lol: Hi no we are staying in Torba which is just outside Bodrum there are 12 of us going and are getting really excited. My sons girlfriend is hoping to buy lots of stuff at the market as she is'nt taking much with her and is hoping to buy things out there.
There are some great chic swimwear shops in the centre of Bodrum - where the main shopping/restaurant area is. They may have their sales on when you are there too.

Elaine
anybody got any which hav websites ?or just names so i can search ya
Ant
Hi All,
4 of us going to Gumbet on 30th June 06, have been before but about 6 years ago. We will be visiting Bodrum during the day and for at least a few nights out for a change of scene. So..... some advice please......

How much is it in the Dolmus from Gumbet to Bodrum? I know they run frequently, as we did it last time we were there.

We fancy a visit to the castle, is it worth it, do you have to pay to get in, are there organised tours or can you wonder around yourselves???

Is there a weekly market in Bodrum, if so what day?

What are the best bars to go to in Bodrum for a good (but not expensive!!!) night out?

Has anyone done the Bodrum to KOS ferry trip recently if so how much - return? Do you need to take your passport?
We want to do it hopefully on the Seacat as it's quicker.

Thats all I can think of for now, any advice will be much appreciated as it does save time when you're there, to have some gen in advance.

Thanks
Ray & Co.
my wife and i wnt on ferry to kos ,about £20 ret,you do need passport[did not go on seacat] i think on way to kos 3 seacats overtook us.when you get off at kos you are right by the town and bars& if you go on ferry the sell tickets for a coach trip around the island stopping off for lunch at a greek village[well worth it ] you are there about 5 hrs. i went to the castle ,just pay and go in very interesting . yes there is a market ayyyyyyt bodrum but there is a big 1 at turgetreise on a satday. i think dolmus now is about £1
Thanks for the info biggles, much appreciated. Think we'll try the Seacat to Kos and fancy a visit to Bodrum castle, in between numerous visits to Bar St. :glynis

Ray
hi everyone,

going in 4 days to turgetreis,bodrum,

Anyone know what sort of excursions are available in this area?????

We are turkey virgins!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :hmmm
Hi

We went to Turkey for the first time in 2004 and we went to Side in the South and we flew into Antalya.
The hotel was excellent and the Turkish people are (in the main) so friendly it is amazing!
We decided that we would like to buy a house there, and so we hired a car and had a drive around.
Alanya is lovely, Antalya is too big, Side is fine (but lots of Germans)
We then drove North over the mountains and the scenery is just fantastic!
We eventually found Bodrum and we stayed there the night and had a look around.
We just FELL IN LOVE with the place !!!!
We now have a house in Gumusluk, which is in between Yalikavak and Turgetreis.
Gumusluk is just to die for !! But it is very quite, no disco's here!!!

Bodrum has a very good nightlife, and so does Bitez and Gumbet.

The last time we went we travelled further North and went to Kusadasi. We were not too struck on this one.
We went South and loved Gocek !!! (Aparently George Bush has been there!!) Very small and quite but lovely.

So...... You need to have a look around.... depends on what you want.... we all like different things.... but Turkey, (if you find the right spot) is terrific :lol:
:lol:
Hi just wondering what the beaches are like in Bodrum :lol:
There is a very small stretch of beach behind the castle in Bodrum. Its so small though that its not actually classed as a beach - the nearest beach is over the hill in Gumbet. But there are loads of bays around Bodrum which have decent beaches.
They are not what you would class as "Bounty advert" beaches though - you know, palm trees and soft soft sand.
Most of the resorts around Bodrum are focussed around the beaches, restaurants and cafes alongside, watersports, free sunbeds etc.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.