Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are flying out in 3 weeks and at the minute we will still be going, the only thing I can say is that it will probably escalate the security measures and you have to be a little more alert for your own safety.

If you look at it in terms numbers, there have been more bombings in UK than there has in Turkey so I think are plans will stay as they are for now.

GG
the news is scary but at the moment there are no deaths. The PKK haven't claimed responsibility but it looks like their work. most of the injured are turkish.I sympathise with all that are coming out here, it must be worrying.These incidents are designed to cause maximum panic and the news coverage has accentuated this.
Well they certainly will not stop me from enjoying Turkey.
This is so sad. Marmaris is a great place, obviously it is a very worrying time for freinds and relatives of those in Marmaris.

The foreign office have released a telephone helpline number for those concerned about friends/relatives: 020 7008 0000

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=139477

Managed to speak to my Turkish friend in Marmaris this morning (thankfully they are all ok) he said that they were all very worried but hoped that it had no lasting effect on local tourism.
oh my god - i've just woken up to this and haven't stopped crying since

i am absolutely gutted :sulk

i'm trying to get hold of all my turkish friends now

i love you all and thinking of you all xxx

(i see the main blast was outside McDonalds - does anyone know where the other two nearly went off?)
  • Edited by alizda 2006-08-28 07:23:10
movie after dolmush blast i filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHrNjtkb0EQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtLFBclGi7I

There are deaths but goverment covers it.

front of Solaris Shopping centre and Turkish airlines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbL40PFElM
This is so sad. As if Turkey's tourism hasn't suffered enough. My heart goes out to all those injured and Lilcheekymonkey i'm hoping there have been no deaths.
Hello all
I am worried now because my husband is flying out to Turkey next Monday for his stress break. He says to me, "well I'm not letting them stop me having my holiday". He is going to Altinkum. First time to Turkey. I shall be worried about him though.

A nervous :(
Dawn
another blast front of Ketenci hotel garden now !!!
Bad news to wake up to this morning,i hope everybody involved recovers quickly,i for one will not stop going to turkey,dont let them beat you,if everybody stops there will be a lot of people out of work there.We travel the underground here on a regular basis,especially to football matches and you always have the risk of it happening there. :shock:
what another blast just now???
Oh God this is awful :( Hope everyone out there is ok.

Catherine x
yes another bomb blast front of Ketenti hotel around Mc DOnald
Thıs one wasnt a bomb. It was a controlled explosıon carrıed out by professıonals to remove a suspıcıous package
Lilcheekymonkey sorry but you may find you will be panicking those people due to fly out soon. Maybe better to wait for the full facts as if it was a "suspicious" package that was made safe ithat is different from a bomb blast!!!
al321 your are right but you didnt been in circumstance. anything blast near or we heard we perceive it is blast !! You didnt seen how peoples were need help and runing around. only not me giving wrong information. everybody or news channels are doing it aswell. check daily mirrors newspaper there are 6 deaths on it. but goverment didnt said anything about it.
Has anyone claimed responsibility for it?
My sympathy to anyone who thinks their families or friends may be involved and those travelling soon, it makes people so worried.
Thanks for keeping us informed Monkey, going to watch the news now.
This must be the last thing the Turkish tourist industry needs haveing just suffered a bad year anyway.
have just spoken to my turkish friend on msn bomb was in road opposite balim hotel not on dolmus 22 injured but 15 out of hospital
Don't let the terrorists win, don't cancel your well earned holidays to Turkey or indead anywhere else. I am going out to Turkey Sept 11th for 2 weeks, and no idiots will stop me, I can go into London or indead gods own city of Gloucester and get blown up (ok Gloucester I have more chance of being mugged by junkie), but the point is it is everwhere and we shouldn't be put of by these people.

I know it is a hard call for some and I know people ar scared, BUT, if we change our plans or cancel our hols just because some Biggots think we should then we are just helping there so called cause.

Be strong people, enjoy your holidays, see the beutiful country that is Turkey

8) :fly
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.