Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Booked today!!!
11 Posts
Enjoy

It is still my favourite Greek Island so although we are having 2 weeks in Turkey this year we are nipping over on the ferry to Rhodes for 4 days.

I saw on your other post a query about transfers. Don't discount the idea of hiring a car (we use economycarrentals.com - but other companies are available). Car Hire last year cost us 105€ for 5 days - so it gave us the freedom and didn't make it worth considering taxis.

Rhodes was my first excursion into driving on the "wrong" side of the road and I had no problems at all. The roads are pretty good and the hire companies give you a map. We now always book a car - airport pick up, airport drop off - wherever we go. On Rhodes just keep an eye out for suicidal bike and scooter riders (always expect them to do the unexpected!!!) and you'll be fine.

Dave
Also flying out on the 6th Anne :sun2

16 weeks today... not that i'm counting!
Thanks Marcus, saved me working out the weeks! Has the euro driven you to Turkey? It's not good is it.
Sorry, the last part of that post was meant for Tutor. :whoops. Tutor, not me wondering about transfers, my friends always meet me at the airport----------and I don't drive anyway!!!!
Hi Anne

Sorry I thought I'd seen a post from you asking about coach transfers!!

The Euro wasn't really the reason for Turkey.

We had decided we were returning to Rhodes, but when we looked 2 weeks was only about £50 more expensive than 1 week so we decided to have 2 weeks. Then we thought " how about a week in Rhodes and a week somewhere nearby?"

As Turkey is nearby, and a lot cheaper this year, decision made!!

Dave
So Tutor, the best of both worlds!! I've been going to Rhodes since 1982, 2 or 3 times a year and I think my Greek friends would throw a "wobbler" if I went to Turkey!The euro makes Turkey and Bulgaria look a better financial bet this year though.
My first love is still Rhodes and I would move there if I could (Greek night classes here I come!!).

I am well aware of the love affair between Greeks and Turks but I feel I have to give Turkey a look at least once - even if I never go back again!!

Dave
:whoops Not going on May 6th. after all. My daughter did the booking for me and I said a saturday would be good. Good job I checked my confirmation as I'm going on saturday, May 9th.Had a senior moment there I think!
Only 3 days out Anne ;)

At least you would have arrived early and not missed the flight!!

Yammas :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.