Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Julie, I presume you mean tour operator coach from the airport. If so, about 30 mins to Sunny Beach.
The airpport itself is located outside of Bourgas and as soon as you come out you are in countryside.

8) The Toonman
Julie most of flights arrive at about 1am so you wont see anything anyway!!! Stuart
we arrive in bulgaria at 9:10pm so maybe it will be dark anyway.
Hi Julie,

If you use Google Earth and enter 'bourgas, bulgaria' into the location box, zoom in and you can see the airport runways, which show up as white, to the North East of the city (just to the right of the words 'Ozero Aydzha').

Sunny Beach is located in the third large bay up from Bourgas, above the words 'Yuzhna Bukhta Nesebur'.

Regards,

Baldur
Hi,

I drive from Bourgas into SB or nessebar and the road is a good road, and it is basicaly turn right from the airport and drive through nessebar and into SB. Your in the countrieside, but its not great. You see some older Bulgarian houses.

Yours,
Brad 8)
Went from Bourgas airport to elenite, a little past sunny beach last year and as you come out you go under a bridge. The bridge was covered in posters of a man, we presumed this was something to do with the mafia!!! The road to sunny beach is not too bad but not pretty either with the odd bulgarian houses scattered here and there and in between looking a bit barren with unfinished buildings, there was a few gasps and moans on the bus. We had a lovely holiday though and cannot really judge on what a place looks like when you come out of the airport, the year before we went to Menorca and drove through what looked like a war zone, i was praying that our coach didnt stop, it didnt and we had one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Edit- text style changed as per posting rules
Fiona ht mod
Hi millett

Why on earth did you presume the posters of a man were something to do with the Mafia?

If you get off the North Sea ferry in Hull, and travel in the direction of this fair city of York, you will for the first few miles pass through a zone of complete and utter desolation.

These are the sorts of places where ferry terminals and airports tend to be situated, but it's not just in foreign places.

Peter
Text removed. Please do not use text style
Fiona ht mod

From Rules of Posting
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted
What is the basis of your statement that it is a Mafia run country, please?

When last I looked, Bulgaria was stated to be a democratic republic.

They do display posters for a variety of reasons, such as elections just as we do, and of course advertisements.

Peter
The Bulgarians which live there told us i.e taxi drivers, the barmen.
Also from reviews and articles Such as;

Edit
content removed due to copyright issues. Please do not lift quotes from other sites.
Fiona Ht mod
After all this we still went on the holiday and had a fab time staying in a mafia owned hotel. :)
this has gone way off topic from Julie's original question. Let's get back on track please!
thankyou fiona but the replies i have have helped.
yes- what Millett says is sound in that you should never go by first impressions. I have learned that some time ago. I have had several times when my first impressions have been one of disappointment only to end up having the time of my life! I now always give it at least 24 hours before deciding what I think of a place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.