Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
They shut 2 hours before, not sure what time they open.
They shut 2 hours before, not sure what time they open.

They do? No check-in desk on any flight, from any airport, which I have taken has closed two hours before departure.

My arrival at check-in at Gatwick for a Bulgaria Air flight to Varna in June was exactly two hours before flying (due to traffic en route) it took around 30 minutes for us to reach the front of the queue and there were many people behind us.
hi,

its just in my balkan holiday tickets say my flight is 08:30 and i need to be there no later than 06:30 thats from cardiff
Hi Brad,

I'm flying from Cardiff myself in a couple of weeks - from my experience of a few flights from CWL, the check-in desk there usually only opens about two hours before the flight!

Being told to arrive at least two hours before a flight is a different matter from closure of check-in desks.

Baldur
baldur,

i dont suppose you go on 18th sept from cardiff? I do

if so, what hotel?

brad
Indeed I do Brad, but a later flight than yours - no hotel.

Staying with friends for the first night then at my own property.
From experience I would arrive two hours before and again around 30-45 mins waiting in a queue. Therefore you could arrive around 1hour to 1hour 30 before you fly. It depends what your journey to Gatwick takes.

Regards
Feeky
We flew from Gatwick in July - 5pm flight- with Thomson.
We got to the airport at 1.15, but the desk for the flight did not open until 2pm.
I other reason I want to know about check in is because my boyfriend and I plan to have something to eat at the airport. We fly on Sunday September 11th at 6.30pm.
Hi star 24.
By the time we had checked in it was approx 2.20pm. Our flight was 5pm. We always eat at the airport, usually in duty free side. We had time to eat, look around shops and still had time to spare before our gate was open.
(nothing to do with Gatwick Airport but on the same lines)

We live 3 hours away from our local Airport so always leave home with plenty time to spare - allowing for accidents, road works etc. We usually arrive at the airport 3 hours before our flight is due to take off, sometime check in is open, otherwise we wait and are then first in the queue! We get checked in, get the cases through and then thats it. We have 2 hours or so to wander about, have a meal and a drink, do a bit of shopping and hey we're on holiday!!

Its all part of the holiday for us. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.