UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Bournemouth B&Bs
32 Posts
We tend to use Smoothhound to look for B+Bs. They list loads in and around Bournemouth in your price range.
Excellent, i'll have a look there thanks.

Has anyone stayed at Tiffany's b&b or Tudor Grange Hotel, i cannot find any reviews for these although they look great on their websites (but then they always do!)
both of them are probably about 5/10 minute walk from town centre (one on West of Town Centre one on the East). All depends on personal choice but East Cliff (Tudor Grange) I would say has more 'space', teh West Cliff is a bit more populated with hotels on top of each other, East Cliff is a bit more spread out in comparison so may be quieter(and is usually a bit more expensive so technically attracts quieter groups in general)
Hi, Re. my earlier post "bournemouth b&bs" does anyone have any information on Smugglers Cottage in Ferndown. I cannot find anything on the internet!
Hi,

We'll be staying in Bournemouth for a few days next week with our boys aged 3 and 8. Any reccomendations of family friendly places to eat/visit? We are already planning on Monkey World and Splashdown (poole) has anyone been? What did you think?

Oh you have just gotta go to the main park. It's free to get in there and the squirrels are famously the most tame ones in the country. They will literally come and sit on your lap to eat.

I haven't been for a while, and I did read a while ago that they were trying to curb the feeding of squirrels because they are basically pests, but I doubt they've been able to stop them living in the park.

The kids will love it....I should think!!!
Thanks Bill will remember to pack some nuts!!

Would anyone say if they thought the oceanarium is worth a visit as they have free kids tickets on their website?
Not been to that particular one, but free tickets are always worth grabbing, just in case you get a wet day. Even the lowest budget places of this nature are great for killing an hour or two, but most of them are fascinating.
Definitely go to Monkey World, it's a great day out! Avoid Weekends and school holidays, as it gets very busy.
As for Splashdown, I'd recommend it to your 8 year old, but probably not your 3 year old, I'd say the rides are aimed at people a little bit older. Splashdown is fun though, they've just opened a new ride!
Splashdown is situated on a leisure complex called Tower Park, which has family places to eat like Nandos, Pizza Hut, Frankie and Bennys, TGI Fridays, KFC and Burger King. It also has an Odeon/UCI Cinema, and a Bowlplex
The Oceanarium is OK. For free kids, it might be worth it, but it is something we whizzed round, and compared to somewhere like Sea World in Florida, it isn't that great.
Moors Valley, (between Bournemouth and Ringwood) is a lovely place to go when the weather's good. It's free admission, you just pay for parking, and they have childrens trail, with numerous outdoor play areas. Farmer Palmers, which is on the way to Wareham, would be good for the age of your children. Quite a bit is undercover, so would be OK if there are showers.
Alice in Wonderland, near the airport, is a good day out if the weather is good. It has rides that young children can enjoy, and a large play area.

Any more questions, just ask - I live locally!
Thanks a lot that is really helpful :P We're expecting everywhere to be quite busy with it being school holidays but were used to that as hubbie only ever gets peak time off work :roll:

We're staying in the travel lodge - is that far from the main part of town? Website says a mile -would you say its walking distance? Thanks x
I agree you should try and make time for a trip to Monkey World, well worth a visit.

Website HERE.

Pippy :D
Hiya,

By the way the schools in this area are back at school on Tuesday 18th. Is this not the same as your area?

The travelodge is certainly walking distance to plenty of bars/restaraunts, but whether an 8 year old would want to walk a mile into the centre of town, and back. (up a hill) I'm not entirely sure though, see what you think when you get there!

Hope you have a lovely time.
Haven't been to Bournemouth for a couple of years, but there used to be a good family restaurant called Rock the Dock, right next to the Oceanarium. Is it still there and if not, what's now in it's place ? Thanks.
There isn't a restaurant called Rock the Dock in that area, but there is one called Hot Rocks, which, yes, is still there.
That's the one !! Many thanks Bandit1, my sons will be very pleased.
Website HERE (currently under construction).

Pippy :D
Crockett, there is also a relatively new Chinese restaurant, the Red Panda opposite Hot Rocks, which we went to recently. V good also, though can get quite busy.
Is there much to do in bournemouth,are there any nice resturants,shows, we are not into night clubs(its the age thing) never been so would like to know a bit about the place.Could some one recommend a nice B/B or small hotel seafront.The time we are looking at is end of june 07.

EDIT: Merged with existing Bournemouth Q&As thread, which may provide some useful info
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.