UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
hiya im going blackpool on 30th june for two nights.is there any night entertainment you can go and take children?
i dont mean too late i mean arount 7pm for an hour or so.
just wanted any ideas of what to do while im in blackpool with children under 3.
thanks
shell x
Its a few years since we were there, but there used to be a bar called the jolly tots, this was upstairs above the jolly scots bar, it was really good with a big childrens play area, Also on the north pier they had a childrens entertainer in the bar. Tower also a must.
went to Blackpool in April and stayed at the Crewes Original Hotel on the Seafront.

203 Central Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 5DL Tel: 01253 625101

The hotel is on the seafront, a short walk from the Tower in one direction and the Pleasure Beach in the other direction.

Reasonably priced at £25 per person per night for b&b.

If you would like to read more about my stay at this hotel, visit http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&mforum=wannaknowwheret

If you are planning on visiting the attractions, its worth seeing if you can lay your hands on some money off vouchers before you go - ebay is a good source for these!

Definitely recommend wristbands for the Pleasure Beach as you can stay there all day easily and a trip up the tower (allow a day to get your money's worth!)

If you want food other than chips, venture back from the seafront a bit where there are pubs which serve decent food (locals will happily point you in the right direction of a nice pub).

Have fun!
taking the kids to the pleasure beach on monday can't decide between a wristband for them, currently on offer for £15 on the net, or the tickets i cant find anywere how much the tickets are my lot wont go on many rides so im wondering whether il get the value out of the wristbands any help would be much appreciated ta Louise :P
Yes they are good value, the Pepsi max was £7.00 a go and that was about 2 years ago. I can't rember the prices of other rides but it gets expensive.

Judith
If you are looking for a excellent hotel then look at the ruskin. we are staying at the ruskin hotel right in the heart of blackpool, food 5* without doubt and excellent value for money. Breakfast in morning is buffet with everything imaginable, just help yourself and the quality is high class. Evening meal, without a doubt i would quite happily pay £20 per head for the meal alone, thats how good it is. Have a look at there website.

http://www.ruskinhotel.com
Hi Clarets4ever

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review for the Ruskin Hotel HERE when you have time.

Many thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi Pippy, will post a review when i return from my stay at the ruskin on the 18th sept.

Cheers
We have just booked 2 nights at the Northdene Hotel during half term week. Was wondering whether anyone had stayed here as I can find no reviews on it. We visited Blackpool last year and stayed at a horrendous hotel and am hoping that this will be better!
Hi All,

I am from Blackpool and lived here all my life (32 years) if anyone has any specific questions I would be more than happy to help.

Regards

Craig.
Craig,
I was thinking of heading over to blackpool myself and I was wondering if you would know if we would enjoy it , we are both mid 20s. Is it a resort more for the older generations and kids?
I took my daughter and her friend to Blackpool pleasure beach this week and whilst they were there I spent a few hours walking round the town reminising about times spent there as a child and looking at places we used to stay at every September in the 1960's and early 1970's.

I came away feeling quite sad as to how the place that could even then be classed as a bit tacky has deteriorated.The place I'm sad to say is the pits now and in need of billions not millions of investment if it is to survive.

No wonder the Labour party has abanded it as a conference centre.Never have I seen such a tacky more unattractive place.

Sorry Backpool,it is very sad.
Can anyone recommend a Blackpool / Lytham B&B with paring & family room (2 adults 1 child) - need one night only but its a Friday so want my car off the street or away from centre.

Thanks
Plenty of places in both lytham and blackpool and in between! Can you be more specific? St Annes is between the two with great hotels. Glendower,St Ives and Dalmeny, all with private car parks. All have swimming pools and are opposite Pleasure Island (Pitch and Putt, kiddies rides and cinema).
Ray.
Stayed in Blackpool last week for two nights and certainly won't be rushing back for a few years. Myself, my partner and my five year old daughter stayed at The Northdene Hotel and we have no complaints about the hotel or the people running it and would certainly reccomend it for people wanting a quiet place to stay. We found Blackpool to be very run down, dirty and very expensive. Unfortunately due to the high winds most of the pleasure beach was shut down so didn't get to experience the big rides. The Bispham Kitchens are worth a visit for good cheap food and fantastic cakes/puddings. The best part of Blackpool for us was the trams, such a difference to our dirty public transport system here and as a bonus the drivers and conductors were cheerful and friendly, not often you see a cheerful bus driver in this area! All in all I would recommend going to see the Blackpool illuminations but in future we will stay in the Lake District and travel down just for the one evening.
if you are looking for a b&b in blackpool please try scotts hotel reads avenue

the hosts helen and scott are most welcoming, the rooms are superbly furnished. and the breakfast you receive is outstanding.and the location is central to everything.

i would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone, it has to be the best we have ever stayed in

click on the link below for their website.

http://www.scotts-hotel.co.uk
I've added the above hotel to our review site Helen if you'd like to add your report. :D
Thanks for the replies - changed plans in the end (too cold)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.