UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Parky, glad you enjoyed .. i may take it in when i'm down in September
Am planning a weekend in Blackpool and this time are taking our daughter (13) - does anybody know which social clubs you can take kids?

We've been to the Brunswick Club but they don't allow kids :(

Thanks
i will be going to blackpool in the autumn for the illuminations and would like to know what else is good to do in blackpool.what watersports can be done in blackpool sea like jet ski-ing,kayaking etc?
are there any boat rides from blackpool to anywhere? and are there are any places not to miss in blackpool?thanks
Not sure about water sports, but the main things for sightseers would be Blackpool tower, which houses the ballroom, circus, indoor play area, the Pleasure beach - a huge fair, a zoo & a ride on the open top bus. I also think there's an aquarium & a large leisure centre.
Hmm, Blackpool is not the sort of seaside place that people go to for water sports, especially not in the Autumn when the Illuminations are on. Also, there's no harbour at Blackpool and I've never seen boat trips being run from any of the piers. Blackpool is certainly an experience but by September/October you're not going to see that many people enjoying themselves on the beach! The Irish Sea can be both cold and choppy at that time of year and the tide goes out an awful long way on the Fylde Coast! I'm afraid, on the basis of your other post in this thread that you might find that it isn't the sort of resort that you were looking for .

SM
For you adults out there don't forget to go to "funny girls", (don't think I need to explain) :rofl they put on a great show and you'll have a fantastic night. Check it out on line :)
:wave: hi anyone know of a family show except from the circus that my 12 yr old and i can go to in october? going near the end of the month.
hi

can anyone reccomend or advise me please.

we are looking to book either a 2/3 bedroomed flat/caravan/lodge in blackpool as close to centre as possible. Must have parking and be close to tram stops etc. Looking at haven but to get into blackpool will we need to take the car?? Taking the car isnt too much of a problem BUT from past experiences, parking is a nightmare and it means 1 of us wont get a drink either.

So we would prefer one in centre. it needs to accomodate 2 adults and 3 kids aged 9, 2 and 2. and have good facilities, dont mind paying extra for a bit of luxury. If it was central it needs certain parking as we'd park and leave the car there all week, opting to walk or take the tram up and down the piers. Some flats dont have parking.

Also, is getting on an off trams easy enough with buggies? we'd have a toddler and a buggy each to get on and off the tram.

What about the pleasure beach? i understand you have to pay to get in now. my partner hates the fast rides etc and is happy to watch me and my eldest go on the rides but would he have to pay full fee?

sorry, lots of questions ;) any advice would be appreciated thanks.
:wave: hi we've been to marton mere caravan park and there's a bus to take you in to town but not sure on times. it's closer than cala gran park. there's loads of apartments and flats in town.the trams can get quite busy so probably best if you get a place to stay at the south to get on at star gate opposite the pleasure beach. good luck
:wave: also there are websites for tickets for pleasure beach and you would still have to pay just to walk round the pleasure beach.try pleasure beach website to check out the prices. marton mere is a good park with entertainment. kids club too.
getting on a tram at Starr Gate with or without a buggy won't be easy - that section is currently closed for refurbishment!

At the moment trams are only running between the Pleasure Beach and North Pier. see http://www.blackpooltransport.co.uk/index.html if you scroll down a bit there's details of the new route 20 to Marton Mere Camp.
thanks... weve booked marton mere haven for a week in july, we know the accomodation has everything we need. Would have liked somewhere more in the centre but we couldnt agree so haven was a comprimise.

Is it better to bus or car into blackpool? Bear in mind we have 2 year old twins and a 9 year old to get on the bus and 2 push chairs too......

If we take the car in, which is likely, wheres best to park?

We plan on spending a day at pleasure beach, a day at waterpark, a day at the zoo and the other days just wandering the piers, shops and haven resort.

looking forward to it now.... :)
There's a nice beach at Lytham and a good indoor Market at Fleetwood if it's raining. There's plenty of parking over there. The main car park is near the tower, just follow the signs and you can't go wrong, but look for spaces nearer the tower as it's a fair walk.

Being a sad old giffer, I've booked for a 5 day break in June to see the Legends show at Central Pier. They change acts on Thursdays so we see one lot Wednesday, another on Thursday and One Night of Queen at Winter Gardens on the Friday. All tickets have been delivered so we're ready to rock!

:cheers :cheers
Hi, I'm currently organising my best friends hen party and we are coming to Blackpool on the 28th may. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anywhere we could get fish pedicures done? I found one place but they had to get rid of all their fish and are awaiting on new ones. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ;)
Just done a quick google and there's a place called "sole sisters" in the Hounds Hill area
Hi Helen T, thanks fir the reply. That's the one I found to but when I phoned up they told me they are awaiting on the new fish and don't know if they will have them on time. Thanks for looking though x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.