UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
blackpool
97 Posts
Hoogie can you tell me if there are any shows on in april 20/21st will be there for those two nights with a elderly lady and would like to take her to a show.Any info would be helpful.
Hi sleep.

Ive replied via pm.

As I have said, ive not found any at the moment, but the Tower Ballroom is always a good backup plan if you are stuck.

Ill keep looking and report back.
Just found a few shows on here that fall into your date range.

42nd Street Perhaps?

http://www.blackpoolgrand.co.uk/
Can reccomend Scotts B&B in Blackpool http://www.scotts-hotel.co.uk Run by husband and wife Scott and Helen,who offer a home from home as they say.
Rooms are spacious and very clean.no on suite but dont let that put you off as bathrooms are the same high standard.
Helen serves a terrific breakfast,so large it takes a bit of eating.
For a night out pay a visit to the Pump and Truncheon (a CAMRA pub)tucked away in a back street,try and catch comedy singers Strike Two who appear here I think every Sunday night.
My boyfriend and I have booked the above hotel for the bank holiday weekend we have been given the four poster room but cant find many reviews on it. Has anyone stayed there or know much about the area it is in.I know its walking distance to the main attractions but not sure how far. Also any nice reaonable priced restaurants in the immediate vicinity as we will be arriving fairly late on saturday evening. thanks in advance for any replies.
doesn't look too far from the main attractions - maybe 10 mins walk to the prom. It's near the central pier which is good for the tower etc, and you can either take a 20 mins or so walk to the pleasure beach, or take a tram ride there along the prom.

have fun
ah cheers for that dont mind a bit of a walk.
So has anyone actually stayed there? just want to know bit more about it as there is 1 good review and 1 bad on trip advisor but the bad one is quite old.
Stace

I ve never been there, however I know people who have stayed here, and people in and around Blackpool where I live speak of it highly.
Thats a relief thankyou! I have never been to blackpool and have heard so many horror stories.
This hotel was one of the only decent looking ones with availability which I must admit did concern me slightly but if people speak highly of it then it must be ok! I hope!

Now another question can anyone tell me things to do in and around Blackpool (we have a car) that dont cost an absaloute fortune as unfortunately we are on a tight budget!
there's obviously the pleasure beach (funfair) a bit pricey, but once you pay all the rides are free, and you could easily spend the day there. The tower. the piers, lots and lots of amusement arcades. Tram rides. Freeport at Fleetwood - a cheap deisgner shopping area. A bit of a drive, and if you get fed up with the chaos of Blackpool, well worth a trip up into the lake district.....
Also google around or try the money saving expert site for vouchers such as 241 for the pleasure beach and tower.
All the above, then there is Stanley Park and the Zoo, or the Sandcastle opposite the Pleasure Beach, its a massive indoor water park type place.

Shopping is Garbage in Blackpool, however you can go to the close towns by and shop, Lytham is a nice area too
can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in blackpool to have an evening meal, also a good curry house. thanks
Stace 1983! The Tower is good value for money. It's not dirt cheap but there's enough to do there for you to stay all day. They also have the ultra violet stamp which means you can come and go all day if you wish. The price also includes admission to the famous tower circus. I don't know if you've got kids, but if they're small and the lady in the box can't see them at her window they don't pay.!!
Hi all
Just a funny comment and advice, take an umbrella. Everytime I have gone to Blackpool it has always rained.

Dawnie-Rob
I spent this weekend in Blackpool for a friend's birthday. We booked a 'guesthouse' called The Cruz Hotel which has recently opened and therefore couldn't find any info regarding this hotel. Unfortunately for us, it was terrible. The rooms were advertised as ensuite, but did not have a toilet. Instead there were two toilets per floor which were unclean.

The hotel has a 24hour residents bar, however this was actually open to the public which meant that it was full all night and very noisy. There were no toilets in the bar, so the public were using the toilets on our floor which meant that the loo was filthy. During the night there was no loo roll, and urine all over the place. Also, at one point, there were two men and one woman in the loo, so use your imagination regarding what they were up to.

Not only this, but we could not sleep as large groups had congregated outside of our room shouting, drinking and most worryingly taking cocaine. I was too imitated to use the loo as everytime I opened the door there were men trying to get in the room - forcing the door. As you can imagine this was frightening for two women. I left the hotel at 7.30 after no sleep, and dying for the loo we found a cafe for breakfast.

We returned at 11.00 to collect our bags to find that the party in the hotel was still going strong, with music still pounding (which could be heard throughout the night).

I will be contacting the Blackpool Tourist Association regarding this matter to alert them.

Has anyone else been here? I thought it was important that travellers should know exactly what they would be getting when staying in this 'hotel'.
That's absolutely disgusting, EP! :x

Just another example of how Blackpool has continued it's downhill spiral ... such a shame!
:D hi i would thoroughly recommend the Kenley hotel on st.chads road. very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast is excellent. the hosts couldn't be more friendly and it's good for families and couples. rooms are lovely and the decor is beatiful. for anyone wanting to book a great hotel try this one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.