Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
BRAZIL
163 Posts
I've only been to Rio so far Gemma. You can't escape me can you, no matter which forum you ask questions on! :lol:
:D Looks like it Fiona, but the forums are great, so much information its fantastic.
Talk to you again soon, in this forum or another one :wave
We went to the hotel Porto do Mar in Via Costiera, Natal in January this year and had a very enjoyable time. The service and hospitality at Porto do Mar is excellent and food in the area is tremendous value. On our last night my wife and I had a lobster meal with drinks, dessert, coffee etc and it was so much that we just couldn't finish it - we struggled to finish all of the lobster! The cost? Under £25 for the two of us and that was the most expensive meal we had in the entire stay.
We're going back to Porto do Mar in November and it will be £50 less than when we travelled in January!
We have a couple of new reviews for this hotel here
Hi All,

Has anyone got any info on the resort of Praia do forte, are the beaches good :fish is it ok to go topless?????? :oops:

What sort of weather should I expect, will be going on tthe 2nd September... :shrug

Your help will be much appreciated... :bow

Kel
Hi

It's me again, :roll:

Forgot one more question, 8) what is the best currency to take with us, we are going to Praia Do Forte, (north east coast) :?: would it be the Real or Dollars or are there ATM'S available in this area :?

Once again your help will be appreciated...... :pele :pele :pele
Hi Nitroxdiver,

Thankyou for your help, :)

Hope you have a great tme in October, if I find out anything useful whilst I'm there in September, I will post it on this board.
Hi,

Can anyone help! :!: :!:
will I be able to purchase tobacco from Praia Do Forte :?: , I know this sounds a bit silly, but on one of my last holidays, I found to my dismay that Tobacco was not sold i general, apart from the stuff you put in to pipes.

Just need to know if I should take some with me.

:oops: :oops: Kel
I am looking for some advice as to what currency to take. I intend to visit Rio whilst staying at the hotel and would like to have some currency to tip the waiter, maid etc

I have some dollars left over from Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus but wonder if that is okay or if local currency is needed

Flying 30th Sept from Gatwick and interested if anyone else is travelling at the same time

Thank you for any advice you can give me
We used Reals but I think dollars would be easy enough to exchange.
Hi looking at Iberostar Bahia in Brazil, new hotel for summer 2006 just wondering what people thought or what you have heard of the hotel.

Any info would be great thanks
hi, trying to find what the wather is like for june/july in Praia do Forte, Brazil, had a look on the forum but cant seem to find any weatehr reports.

Many Thanks
Have a look here and put in your dates in the trip planner- a very handy function.
You would have to aware however, that this is their winter. It will always be warm or very warm but there will be a fair amount of rain I would imagine.
Have been looking for information regarding a holiday to Brazil next November, but would prefer Rio rather than the more northern tourist areas.

Does anyone know of any UK tour operators that offer Rio?

I have found one hotel on offer in the Thomson Worldwide Brochure, but can't track down any others.
I go with BA and book hotels myself.
Thanks, I thought that may be the answer.

Is it only BA that fly there do you know? And, would that be from Heathrow?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.