Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
BRAZIL
163 Posts
Carragher
been there twice so just ask away- fraid I'm a bit too old for clubbing though!
Hi eveyone!

My husband and I have booked a 2 week holiday in June 2006 at the RENAISSANCE COSTA DO SAUIPE resort. Unfortunately I cannot find much information about this resort or area on the net. Has anyone been here or does anyone please have any info on the area.

We would also like to travel to Rio for a night or 2 - how would we do this? Is it best to organise it ourselves or can we book through our tour operator? What about trips to the Amazon?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
We looked at this hotel as well as we were thinking of combining it with Rio and then decided that as we only had a week we would stick with Rio. You can fly with Varig from Salvador to Rio. I did a quick check for you putting in dates for June and it came out as £185 round trip. However, are you flying directly to Salvador?
Varig site
Sure you have seen the Marriott site but here it is anyway. I like the Marriott chain and can't imagine there would be anything wrong with the hotel. Hope this helps!
Hi!

Thanks for that info. - it has been very useful. We will fly from Manchester to Salvador so will be looking to fly from Salvador to Rio.

The reviews we have read about the hotel are good but there aren't many. What else is there there to do in Costa da Sauipe?
Can't really help with that I'm afraid. We were looking at it as R&R but would have gone into Salvador itself.
Can anyone help me please I have been looking for a Brazilian-Portugese / English dictionary or phrase book but cannot find them we have been told that although the language is similar its not the same as is spoken in Portugal is that right or will we be able to get by with some fun as we dont really speak portugese but can manage a few words like greetings. We do try but when you travel all over the world you would need a multi ligual translator built in to the brain and part of the fun is trying to work out whats being said isnt it.
hi all,
this is the photo of the new hotel in bahia brazil. hope you like it. it looks fabulous. you might even like to pick your sun bathing spot. many thanks for the photo to joyce knopp and iberodave.

regards
smudger2
:glynis :hyper
I might even have to book a holiday, it looks fantastic!
I'm off to Rio next month and staying in the 'Le Meridien Copacabana Hotel' for 5 days. Has anyone been before or advice?
Been to Rio twice. I have a report on my October trip here.Any questions just ask!
Are things cheap there such as Food & drink?
I know there is a post below with reference to Iberostar Bahia, but we were wondering if anyone has been on the Rio and iguassu Falls trip prior to staying at Iberostar bahia? We are travelling with First Choice in September? We would appreciate any comments or info from anyone!!

G and T
we went to Rio but couldn't fit in the trip to the falls( couldn't get the accomodation!) . Have a look here for my trip report.
The only thing about going to Rio during the summer months is that it is their winter and I am wondering if the views from Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf may often be obscured by clouds. We had a week to make the trip to the top of the mountain and just waited for the first cloudless day!
It's been many many years since I went - but I would strongly recommend a visit to the iguassu falls which are simply breathtaking - still have a natural feel to them unlike the more-hyped touristy falls (aka Niagara!!). We stayed in the old colonial style cataracts hotel right at the top of the falls and the noise alone was amazing!!! The wildlife around the falls was immense too - some of the biggest butterflies I've seen - it felt very much like walking through the glasshouses at Kew and you had to keep kicking yourself into remembering that "all this is REAL" :lol:

We went in December - and still had to wait 3 days before there was much opportunity for a view from Christ the Redeemer - in fact the day we went, we could only see his lower half for the first 30 - odd minutes of our arrival, never mind the view!!! It did clear - eventually, and it really is spectacular there. Anyone know if they still have the fantastic juice bar at the half way point on the cable car to sugar loaf.?

Personally, I think if you are going all the way to Brazil, you may regret not taking the tour - you can after all have a nice hotel holiday more ro less anywhere in the world....................
RIO
Can anyone recommend any good hotels in Rio around about £50 a night for 2 persons in a room.Also as anyone stayed in B&B's in Rio.
Maybe Fiona can answer this one?
Thanks
wish I could help! Sorry, have only stayed in one hotel and that was over £50.
Hi,we are still on the look out for somewhere to go next January and are now looking into Brazil,we have seen a hotel named Rifoles Praia,it is a few km's from Natal and seems to be very good,has anyone been to this hotel or this region? any info would be great,cheers Mark
Hi Mark
I have asked for the hotel to be added to our reviews. Have to say it looks very nice!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.