Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I recently went to Vancouver on a BA 747, it was G-BNLM which was retired a few flights later.
I sat at the rear of the plane where the seats go into twos. I found the service was very good, the steward spent the night bringing drinks for anyone who wanted one. The food was good for an airline and the free drink selection was great!
So for my first flight with BA long haul, on one of their oldest planes, I was very satisfied.
Does anyone have an idea of the cost for champagne on board? I'm travelling to Barcelona later this week with friends for a 50th birthday celebration and as thinking about getting champagne on board as a surprise. Thanks,
You're only 50 once, don't worry about the price enjoy yourself!!!

The surprise will be the price and probably not a pleasant one.
scoya wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of the cost for champagne on board? I'm travelling to Barcelona later this week with friends for a 50th birthday celebration and as thinking about getting champagne on board as a surprise. Thanks,

This looks like the answer. http://www.britishairways.com/travel/gsanswer/public/en_gb?faqid=768&gsLink=searchResults.

They do have a drinks service which includes wine and spirits , you could always smile sweetly and see if the FA can get you a bottle of Pommery from the CE cabin ;) Worth trying !!!! You will want one each as they are only small bottles ! About 25cl
For any of you who have a BAEC account , they have just added a fun new feature called " My Flightpath " showing details of how many minutes up in the air , how many miles you have flown , how many destinations visited , with a breakdown for each year of membership of the flights taken .
Thankfully no mention of how much free champagne I've drunk :D
Flying with BA for the first time in August, LHR to BKK. Who can tell me lots of lovely things about the airline? Travelling Economy.
I can tell you lots of lovely things about BA flights , but then you mentioned Travelling Economy :D Being honest I haven't flown in their economy cabin so don't have first hand experience of this , but you get free IFE , free headphones , free food , free bar / drinks service and 30 to 31 inch seat pitch which is pretty much standard , seating will be 3-4-3 on a 777-200ER . Also a fairly good luggage allowance hold and hand .

I would advise you to join the BA executive club. ( BAEC ) so you at least earn some flying points ( AVIOS ) might be useful if you like the BA service and costs nothing to join .

Hopefully you can settle down and get comfortable and enjoy the flight as its quite long , lots more info on http://www.ba.com And look at http://www.thebasource.com Who have lots of BA info and seatplans
Thanks Andy. Have now joined the Executive Club. Looking forward(ish) to the flight. Will be a long one, but have done it before, so know what to expect in some ways. Never flown BA. Should be good.

Will have a look at http://www.thebasource.com now
No problem , if you want to see how many points you earn each flight this link is useful.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flight-calculator/public/en_gb

It is a long flight , I did it a few years ago flying with Thai Airways and I'm interested in going there next year , it's difficult though when you lose sleep with the time zones .
I've done it! Upgraded all three of us to Club Europe! :D

Gosh, where does the time go? Only a few more days until we fly out to Barcelona (next Monday).

Struck lucky with the flight, it's been changed from 06.40 to 07.40, so we'll have slightly longer in which to experience our first 'go' in BA's Gatwick lounge :cheers
I'll be in there the day before , at least you will miss the French ATC strike , we might get disruption as we fly on the last day ( of the strike ) today on LGW departures there seems to be a lot of delayed flights so it might be a lengthy stay in the lounge !!! The champagne might run out ?? :D

Hope you enjoy the lounge and flight ,
andy66 wrote:
I'll be in there the day before , at least you will miss the French ATC strike , we might get disruption as we fly on the last day ( of the strike ) today on LGW departures there seems to be a lot of delayed flights so it might be a lengthy stay in the lounge !!! The champagne might run out ?? :D

Hope you enjoy the lounge and flight ,

Yeah, been keeping an eye on the strike, as well as the possible Belgian action.

Save us some champagne! Actually, I won't drink much as I'll just induce a headache. Booooo!
I believe the strike had been called off early after 2 days, but hasn't hit the UK news yet.
luci HT Mod wrote:
I believe the strike had been called off early after 2 days, but hasn't hit the UK news yet.

Good news. Let's hope the Belgians don't strike.
I think the Belgian strike was 25 / 26 th and mainly affects Brussels flights
Have a Bucks Fizz , that counts as 2 of your 5 a day , grapes and oranges :D
Strike certainly not called off at the moment....in Cathay Pacific lounge Paris CDG trying to get back with BA to LHR.

One thing is always certain in life - bring in a summer...bring on ATC French strikes!
It is certainly being reported that the French strike has been called off - there will obviously be some knock-on effects for a few hours yet......

http://news.ph.msn.com/business/french-air-traffic-controllers-call-off-strike-3

Cheers,
Ralph
Does anyone know at what time you need to check in for flights to Europe (Mahon) at LCA please ?

I have been told that it is not the standard two hours before like it is at Gatwick, Heathrow etc. I'm guessing 90 mins but would be grateful if anyone could clarify.

I don't seem to have that information at this point.

Presumably if I do OLCI at -24 hours I will get a boarding pass and it will show it on there, but I need to plan my travel to the airport in advance.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Doe
As long as you are at the gate 30 mins before dep that will be fine. No need for this lengthy check in procedure actually for any BA flight but it depends really on how busy the airport itself is likely to be and how long check in procedure will take. I would suggest for your sanity allow the 90 minutes...but as you may be aware there is not that much around at LCY which for many is the advantage - airport to
train...train to aeroplane within minutes generally! The decision is yours...oh and LCA is actually Larnaca - Cyprus....LCY is london City.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.