Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes , there is , it's called Premium Lane ( fast track ) it's at the left hand side as you face the security gates , not too far from the BA check in zone A .
" speedy ". Well I think that's the general idea !! I've used it a few times and find it ok ,
andy66 wrote:
Yes , there is , it's called Premium Lane ( fast track ) it's at the left hand side as you face the security gates , not too far from the BA check in zone A .
" speedy ". Well I think that's the general idea !! I've used it a few times and find it ok ,

I shall use it for the sheer hell of it, just because I can, even if the queue is longer :D
Hi Doe , we flew to Mahon from LCY , it's a Embraer 190 with 2-2 seating , really good flight .
We flew on a Saturday and arrived very early , in fact the airport was not really open ! There is a place to have a drink and I think the checkin opened at the most 90 mins before departure probably not even that early .
Once we checked in the security was fairly quick and I remember not being in the lounge that long .
I wouldn't really get there very early , you get processed through the airport very quickly , it's just taking into account the time to get to the airport .

Enjoy take off and the views over London if its not too cloudy .
Thanks Nivsy and Andy :tup I need to book a cab.

Opps on the LCA, I thought I put LCY, might be the IPad, or just lack of brain, hope I don't start wandering around looking for a plane to Cyprus.

Hope it's not cloudy, night be fun flying by Canary Wharf etc.
It's not Monday yet and our flight is already delayed! FML! :rofl

Departure
British AirwaysAirbus A319 jet
Departing from London Gatwick
Departure terminal N
Scheduled departure(Local time) 07:40
Monday 30 June
Updated departure(Local time) 08:00
Monday 30 June
Flight status Delayed

Also, could have sworn we were flying on a 737 :think
Have a great time Pippy :wave: sometimes it's better to know in advance if it's going to be delayed but I would still get there at the time you planned just incase things change.
doe wrote:
Have a great time Pippy :wave: sometimes it's better to know in advance if it's going to be delayed but I would still get there at the time you planned just incase things change.

Thank you!

Ah, it makes no difference to us, not that short a delay, and it means more time in the BA lounge at Gatwick.......oh dear :D

If, however, it is delayed further I won't be a happy bunny because that will really eat into our four night holiday. I usually fly with easyJet and have always found them to be very prompt. We're planning on spending from about midday by the pool before commencing our sight-seeing the following day :)

Still curious about the change of aircraft, although I know they're retiring the Gatwick 737s, so maybe that's all it is. On the original booking, it definitely did state a 737 would operate our flight. Hopefully we'll now have a younger aircraft :tup
We were originally due to fly on a 737 but it was changed to an A320 , and there was plenty of room in Row 1 ;) , a very nice flight , that eventually got away when the final passenger decided to embark to a sarcastic round of applause !! But with a good tailwind we only arrived about 2 mins late .

We went through premium lane very quickly ( the best yet ) and no queueing at Moneycorp either as I picked up some currency , all in all a good day with not a slightest bit of hassle .
Either that , or the duct tape has worn out !!

To be fair , they ( the 737 s ) get a bad press on BA forums , but on the few occasions I've travelled on them , they weren't too bad .
Haha!
Well, flight delay was due to crew rest times, which makes sense of why they knew last night of the 20 minute delay.

Loved the lounge and had a couple of glasses of bubbly.

Flight, aircraft and CE service were all great, very friendly, attentive crew in CE.

Would def do this again should the same upgrade price ever arise after booking.
Pleased you enjoyed the whole experience Pippy , taking into account the little extras you get I find BA prices very good especially if you look at the right times ;)
the 737's are all being withdraw from service at LGW...many have already departed. The A319's are mostly ex BMI which means in the premium cabin (business class) many prefer th extra room that the 737 or main line Airbus 319 offer. There are subtle differences with the ex BMI aircraft which for regulars are not overly popular!
In terms of legroom, can't say I noticed any difference between how much I had in CE on the A319 yesterday, and how much I always have with easyJet. The seats, though, were considerably more comfortable, obviously :)
the main complaint regarding the BA 319 in CE from/to LGW is legroom issues. However believe me the leg room is more than easyjet!
I suppose it seemed that way because I always have plenty of legroom with easyJet and had plenty of legroom in CE
I wonder if anyone can help me.

We are flying on BA 0209 LHR to MIA on 25th July returning on BA 0206 on 5th August.

Is there any way of finding out what the IFE is and is a loop system or on demand?

I think its a Jumbo on the flight out but not sure what we are on for the return, is that something Darren could answer please?

First time with BA so looking forward to seeing what they are like compared with Thomas Cook who we have used 4 times going to Florida. Flying in Economy, seats all booked.

Thanks
roadrunner,

LHR-MIA-LHR (BA209/6) are operated by Boeing 747-400. IFE information is on BA's website.

Darren
Hi Roadrunner , the flight out BA 209 is a 747 , and flight back BA 208 and BA 206 are both 747 s
BA 747 s have AVOD systems , and the link Dazbo provides lists the current films on the system .

In not too many years time there won't be 747s , gradually being updated , in November I'm lucky to be sitting in the nose just underneath where the pilots will be , looking forward to the experience !!

Have a good flight ! But bear in mind these big beasts are quite old
From what I've viewed currently the 209 flights are mainly on Hi J which means more club seats (70 ) and fewer economy seats , about 177 to 185 seats , whilst the 206 return is on a MId J which has 52 club seats and more economy , I think 235 seats , they're just different layouts / configurations , just in case you notice a difference when selecting a seat .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.