Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oh what a shame Prawn sorry to hear about your ankle and your holiday - I think you need to buy tickets Wednesday and Friday you just never know
Aww Prawn sorry to hear of your mishap, good luck with the lott. :tup
Oh dear Pat so sorry to hear that! :cry

We fly out on Wednesday morning... I'll tell Chris about your accident, and sit and have an ice-cold Efes or two while thinking of you 'chink chink'.

Will be interesting to see the changes... heard theres lots this year!

This will be me this week --------> :sun2 haha! x
Hello Prawn
I hope that things improve healthwise and that you get a late holiday( after your ankle heals) as for the .......... who stole your garden funiture, i hope they rot in hell!

Alan
Thanks guys for the support!

Kadi - I hope you enjoy the Efes. Tell Vedat he can pop over and deliver mine in person if he wants :cheers
Oh dear, what a shame! Can you not re-scheule your Turkey holiday for later in the year?
Hi, Kedi

We have already booked to go to Cyprus in September and then we have a family wedding so there is not much time in between.
Will be booking to go back next year though - unless, of course, this year gets any worse! :D
wish you a speedy recovery prawn things can only get better :sun2
Sorry to hear that Prawn ,hope it heals soon for you .It will be all the better the next time you visit Turkey .

Kind Regards
Peter
poor you. Keep your ankle elevated above your heart as often as you can. Have broken an ankle myself and I know how blooming sore and frustrating it is. Just make sure you get spoiled rotten! Read all the books you never have time for usually. ( I actually learned how to type during my "break")
Will do Pat!!! :tup

Take care and get "Sir" to wait on you hand and foot x x x
:cheers Thanks for all your kind words and good wishes, guys. Just really frustrated and annoyed with myself.

Kadi - you don't know 'Sir' as well as I do - waiting on anyone is not his idea of helping you get better!
Keep active and try to do as much as you can is his philosophy (even for himself when he had knee replacements!) So it's a case of do what needs to be done and leave the rest for another day (or week even!) ;)
hello prawn, i am in exactly the same position!

We were due to fly out on the 20th but it was cancelled due to the volcanic ash cloud....... hoped to reschedule for the 6th of may but i'm going to be in plaster for the next few weeks as i twisted my ankle. Thought it was just a sprain but turns out its broken......so fed up!

Glad you have your hol to look forward to in September, good luck and take care.......think i might treat myself to a couple of lotto tickets too!
lara
Lara, you have my deepest sympathy - at least I don't feel so alone now!! Are you, like me, scooting around the house on a computer chair? Thank the lord for wooden floors!

Didn't mean to make it sound like 'Sir' does nothing for me - quite the opposite, in fact. He walks the dogs (4 times a day because that is what I normally do - he says they are spoiled!), hangs out the washing, empties the compost into the bin and, most importantly, pours my wine of an evening! :cheers

Ah, well, as soon as the sun starts to shine again I will be able to do some painting in the back garden, such as it is. The walls need a fresh coat of white paint and I should be able to do the bottom half at least.
what is it with you girls breaking everything is this a new trend lol
come on get better and recoup in the sun :sun2
rebook for june as the world cup starts prices should drop a tad hopefully
hobbling around on on crutches and taking the ribbald remarks on the chin.......skippy, stumpy......, hope to get away in June, 3rd time lucky! Mr S is a better nurse than i am a patient, really going to miss my weekend walks.......just going to put my feet up and start my holiday reads. I'll be raising a glass with you tonight prawn.
Lara
Cheers to you too, Lara. :cheers

Just have to grin and bear it - can't work the crutches with the dogs batting around, hence the chair!!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.