General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
How about AI at the Altamar In Gran Canaria (Puerto Rico) its 4+ hours not sure how long from Gatwick, the weather will be great as its the Canaries plus I have been in may and it was lovely

The price on Thomas cook is £947 for 2 Ad and 1 Child flying from Gatwick.

Im sure some others will help out with ideas and prices too :)

Have a search on the net see what offers you can get
thanks shazajo,
i will take a look thank you.

joe.......
We booked a very reasonably priced last minute week in Malta in April using the new Easyjet Holidays option: great choice of accommodation in all price ranges & a reasonable transfer shuttle bus from airport to hotel & back again.

If you choose an Easyjet destination I think you'd get a very good deal to almost anywhere. Worth a look. Hope you get something sorted as you'll be out of action for so long. Good luck with the op! :)
thanks toastedmallow,

ive never thought of easyjet for holidays so i will have a look tonight.

joe.............
if you use budget airlines you can arrange a very cheap holiday to say.. Costa Dorado Spain
thanks wizard,
i had thought of DIYing in spain, but when i looked at some late bookings last week it didnt look like there was a lot of room for getting a better deal.
that said prices for around the 16th are creeping up, but that may be because its 10 days away.
i cant book anything until after next thursday after ive had a pre op examination, there is no reason i shouldnt be fine with the pre op but i dont want to tempt fate and build up the wife and daughters hopes up only for there to be a problem.
so im here looking for ideas so i can grab something next thursday/friday and maybe grab a real bargain.
joe.......
You've probably already thought about this but just to say make sure you get cover for any pre-existing conditions on your travel insurance....just in case!
thanks tisonlymoi,
its not really a condition, but thanks for the thought.
my leg got broke 30 years ago and it set bowed at the shin.
this has knackered my knees and right ankle due to it being bowed out therefore the bone dont join the knee and ankle properly, it has changed my posture so my hips and back will be next if nothing is done now.
they wont replace the knees because they will just wear out after a couple of years.
so there going to break the fib and tib straighten the leg with an taylor spatial external frame there also going to lengthen the leg by an inch, the frame could be on upto a year at worst and then recover from that, get back walking etc etc, then i can have new knees as and when i need them.
its far from ideal, sort sledge hammer to crack a nut, but i could finish up totally immobile in a very few years if i dont get it done.
so in for a penny i suppose!!!!!!!!

joe..........
Ive just looked on Thomas Cooks website for holidays in Icmeler in October.
I couldnt believe how cheap the holidays were (£183 per person for 2 weeks in a SC apartment)until I discovered I hadnt put Octobers date in and these holidays were for next week.
If you wait until just before you want to go I am sure there will be some bargains for other destinations.
I have just been to Tunisia as Thomson and Thomas Cook were selling their March holidays at an amazing price for AI.
Have a look nearer the date you want to go for the best prices. :tup
thanks jay,
years ago we always did just that via the old teletext but for the past 10 years weve done diy to turkey.
as you say this time next week will be the time for me, we will be ready to go within 48hrs if necessary.
joe.........
whilst eveyone else gets excited about the holiday can I raise the gloomy subject of insurance. If you've got to have an operation I take it there is some form of pre-exisitng condition that has been diagnosed. Make sure you tell them and preferably get it noted in writing in the documents. If you don't they could use it to wriggle out of claims for things many wouldn't consider to be related - that is the nature of the travel insurance industry.
I agree with Steve - you need to let your insurers know of any pre-existing conditions.
thanks steve and corinne ive check with my insurance and my circumstances are logged with them now.

where would you people suggest is the busiest at this time of year.
spain, balerics, turkey, or the canaries.
i sort of thinking the canaries may be busiest.
the main reason i ask is we are taking our 9 year out of school, this year will be the last year we will able too justifiably do this.
the holiday is as much for her as anyone as she probably wont get one next year.
i realise no where will have loads of children but just trying to get an opinion on what would be busiest.
also many AI you are paying full price for her whereas some HBs are first child free which can save around £600.
the £600 would more than supply us with midday food and drink for 2 weeks, so AI with a child might not be cost savvy, or is the bar and restaurant prices in spain and canaries very expensive.
what do you guys think.
Egypt and Tunisia are definitely out of the question for us because of the recent turmoil.
thanks joe........
Hi Joe, we went to tenerife with our 10 yr old daughter this easter and had a great time ! We were in a private rental, so obviously self catering . We thought prices for eating out and drinking very reasonable ( actually cheaper than when we visited 3 yrs ago !) for example, absolutely loads of nice restraunts offering the menu del dias for only 7.95 euro, 3 courses and most bars offering a pint of local for 1.50 euro, some bars just a euro. Obviously, the bars with enterainment at night was dearer for drinks, but not exessivelly so.
Lots for your 9yr old to do, bungee trampoline 5 euro for about 20 mins, jungle park 40 something euro for 3 of you, lots to do for 2 weeks, weather great at the moment too .
hope you have a great time wherever you decide on :tup
thanks juby,
i had my pre op examination today which was just a weighing and a blood test.
so i can now start looking.
ive not been to tenerife for 25 years so it would certainly make a change.
it certainly sounds cheap there.
joe..........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.