General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
June, June, Long days, light evenings, lovely temperatures all over the place, no school holidays so few kids about, cheap prices, hotels with enough people in them to give them atmosphere, but not over run, Choice of sunbeds, I remember it well, about 15 or 16 years ago. :rofl Oh and my Birthday is slap bang in the middle of it.

Doe :sun2
December, I absolutely love to go away for Xmas :)
Definately June, for all the reasons Doe stated plus the fact that you'll have a nice tan ready for the rest of our 'lovely' British summer! Going in August this year for the first time, my children's fault, youngest is 3 so that's only another 13/15 years to go before I can revert back to June. :yikes
I did used to like June.
Shirley- I have to say I loved being able to sunbathe on New Years Day- I'm usually in bed with a major hangover :rofl
It really depends on where you are going. Apart from the odd last minute or long weekend somewhere my holidays are usually long haul to South East Asia or even further so I normally choose either November or February. I usually go away for anything between three to five weeks so having a holiday in either of these months seem to make the winter feel shorter.
November, December or January as these months are so depressing and bleak in the United Kindom
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December are good for me for holidays. lol :rofl

I'd go away every fortnight if I had the chance! (just for a week mind you! ;) )
Scottishmum wrote:
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December are good for me for holidays. lol :rofl

I'd go away every fortnight if I had the chance! (just for a week mind you! ;) )

Yes i agree scottishmum :rofl

Curlylocksm
usually have a week Feb a week may another October and if any holiday days left beginning of December, However i really fancy just one holiday a year starting 10th Jan running through to the 15th DEC each year :rofl
you lot are cheating :rofl You are only allowed to pick one month!
June was my favourite month for the reasons above, early tan for the summer, before school hols, cheap(ish) etc etc...but now that my G/f has only 22 days hols per year and we love our hols and try to take 3 a year, the only way we can do it is to use may and august bank hols..so

May - 10/11 nights
August - 14 nights
Oct - 7 nights

favourite month of the 3 ??? Not sure..
May is chilled and calm and everythings new at the start of season and you do get a great tan before most people ;)
August is busy and hot and fun
October is chilled and recharges batteries and both of our b'days!
Yep I would go for June as Well . although anytime when I didnt have to put winter clothes back on when I got home would do me fine ;) and I agree with phildo there . I like a bit of early colour so as when I put my summer clothes on I dont feel like a milk bottle .
I would say August if the prices were cheaper. It's when we have to go every year. The hotter the better and everything is busy and in full swing, just what I like. I do try to pick somewhere where there aren't too many kids (make sure there's no kids club where we stay etc). Not that I've anything against children, but as I work in a primary school I look forward to a few weeks without the little treasures :D
The only thing that annoys me are the prices :cry
when is something going to be done about this? Never, I suspect.
I like to go in May, the month of my birthday and our wedding anniversary, ahhh!!

Mille :oops:
September for me the weather is fantastic in gran canaria and even better in september can't wait til i'm there this year :sun2
Jan or Feb...get away from from the dark cold of UK to the bright sunshine of the Far East. None of the half hearted winter sunshine of destinations closer to home for me
I'm with Scottishmum - Jan - Dec :rofl But we usually go June (cheaper for DIY and not many children plus the weather isn't scorchingly hot) and again in September for the same reasons. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.