Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I've not been to Turkey but I've had stuff like baklava in Greece and I would say that when we went a good few years ago there was no comparison to the food in Greece.
You don't say which resort you're going to but we stayed in Sunny Beach and it wasn't that good - first night hubby ordered spaghetti in tomato sauce and got tinned spaghetti as we'd know it, not what he was expecting. There weren't any kabab type places, it was all very basic but I do remember they had very nice pizzas. There was also an English pub, doing traditional Sunday roasts, if that's your thing.
We spent a lot of time down the road in Nessebur - we thought the food there was much nicer and it had some lovely fish restaurants.
That said this was a long time ago so things may have changed and I'm sure folks who have been more recently can provide more up to date info.
Food can be a bit hit and miss in the resort. Everything I had was nice but the other half had a couple of dodgy meals.

Generally I think it is improving every years (from what my rents say), but there is plenty of choices of where to eat.

I went to a Chinese near to where we stayed and it was truly awful.

The pub doing roasts is called the Flower Pub, they also do excellent pizzas, expecially the 4 cheese one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.