Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi and welcome to Holidaytruths' Algarve forum. Whilst I can't help you personally, I can put your mind at rest to the extent that our resident transport expert, cubsur, almost certainly will be able to give you the information you need and doubtless will be along shortly to help. He has, I know, an important sporting fixture to attend today - the Algarve Cup soccer final between Albufeira and Lagos - and, depending upon the result, may not be in any fit state ( :glynis ) to help anyone- himself included- for the rest of today !! Please be patient and your required information will be forthcoming. ;)
Hi Sagres,

Thank you for the welcome.
I shall sit tight and await Cubsar's help, if he sees the thread. :cheers
Guaranteed, he will.....don't worry.
Pat
:glynis
Fit state - just! We lost the Cup Final on penalties so much consolation was required.

Bus question. The bus to Olhao either leaves from the same stop as the local bus from the airport will drop you or from inside the bus station building right next door. Either way, you have to buy your Olhao ticket from the bus station ticket office window, so you can check where it leaves from. Eight minutes should be enough if the bus from the airport is on time.

The last bus to Olhao is at 20.35 (every day), the 2007 bus from the airport is scheduled to arrive in the Avenida at 2025.

Should you miss that last bus, there is a train from Faro to Olhao at 2125. The railway station is 200 metres from the bus station. The bus from the airport goes right past it.

Feel free to consult my personal website for more detail. http://www.algarvebus.info/003.htm for the airport bus times and .../005.htm for a little map and the Olhao details.

There is a new shopping mall on the N125 road just outside Olhao http://www.riashopping.pt open until 11pm daily but otherwise I can't help with shops in general.

Hope that helps.
Hi Cubsur,

Thank you very much indeed for all your help.
That's an excellent website you have there and one I shall be studying in detail over the next couple of days.
Thank you.
Cubsur.

Haven't been over for a while, did Olhaonense (spelling) get promotion to the top flight?
Yes, they won last week so promotion is guaranteed. if they win their last game at home on Sunday they will go up as champions.

The local council has promised money to upgrade the stadium (imagine that in the UK!) so that they can actually play home games in Olhao. The ground still does not have floodlights, which are essential for the big boys league as almost all games are played late in the evenings for TV.
Cheers Cubsur.

Delighted to see a "local" team make it to the big league. I'm not back out until September, will the league have started by then as I will go and give my support if it has.

As a Rhyl, Welsh Premier League, fan I always have a soft spot for the underdog.
The big boys league will be starting early next season 2009/2010, on 16th August, owing to the World Cup 2010 requiring an early finish.

Fixtures are not normally published until about 2 weeks before the start of the season and then are altered each week at 8 days notice for TV.

http://www.lpfp.pt is the official website to keep a watch on.

Olhanense's ground is not far from the town centre and station but the scheduling of the games means that it will not be possible to get to and from almost all of them other by driving.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.