Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Wouldn't it be better to see your doc before you travel and get some medication?
Antibiotics are available over the counter in Icmeler.
I have bought them at the Pharmacy in the square,just behind the ATMs.
The owners are very helpful and the costs are reasonable.
yes antibiotics are avalible in all chemists over the counter but beware the doseages are far higher than here they ussally start at 500mg and go to 1000mg but make sure you tell them your problem and that they understand as this can be quite dangerous
I forgot to mention they are stronger than here in the UK.
The ones I bought were 750mgs Ciprofloxacin and were for me to take to Egypt(Just in case!)
Even the dispersible Aspirin are 100mgs instead of 75mgs.
Thanks everyone. Hoping i will be fine, it was just in case. Just had a course of Ciprofloxacillin 500mg and 2 lots of antibiotic ear drops a;ll clear now and hope it stays that way!
The reason I said see your doc before you go is that you use different antibiotics for different conditions so you've got to be careful that they understand what the problem is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.