Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I can't tell you the cigarette prices, (they are very cheap), but I can tell you that all the brands you will recognise in Sunny Beach are fakes. The Victory brand of Bulgarian cigarettes are of differing strengths and very good.

Remember you can only bring 200 back per adult, and we have a thread on Customs matters HERE

Peter
Hi Fiona,

As Peter says, 'UK brands' which you see in resorts may look OK but are almost certainly fakes - which not only taste bad but also contain some even more noxious chemicals than genuine cigarettes.

Local Bulgartabac brands, such as Victory, average around 26 Leva per carton of 200.

Baldur
bought L&M for 26 lev. Was the cheapest that I saw.
I got Victory and they taste similar to Embassy. Make sure you get them in the hard packets, as the soft packets usually taste like American blends.
Make sure you get them in the hard packets, as the soft packets usually taste like American blends.

Some of them *are* American blends, if you check out the various Victory types on the link that I gave above, it shows which are Virginia or American blends. :wink:

Baldur
Hi Fiona

We did manage to get superkings in Sunny Beach. They were 50 leva and they were not fakes. We bought them in the supermarket across from a bar called the Happy Pub which is beside the big kebab shop at the beach. Mind you that was just about double the price of victory superkings.

Liz
Thanks to everyone who has replied, it does help to know what to expect, no doubt I will buy 20 Victory to give them a try first ( no point in buying a carton until I know I like them! )
as the soft packets usually taste like American blends.

Sorry baldur, should have said are American. :oops:
baz
Liz, you may think you got genuine Superkings, but have a look at the packets, especially at the bottoms of both edges. on the gold side, has it got Tar. Nicotine. Carbon Monoxide. on the Black side has it got Imperial Tobacco Ltd. Then the main clue has it got the Bulgarian duty stamp on the packet. Because when the cigarettes leave Imperial they are heat sealed with no stamp. How do I know I sent a packet last year to Imperial to analyse, Was told in no uncertain manner never smoke these. Tonyt
As a follow on to the above, if you roll your own, take an empty packet and compare the Greens for Golden Virginia and the Blues for Old Holdborn, that will tell you if you have the fake muck. You may not believe this but I am a non smoker. Tonyt
For lambert and butler at bourgas airport 200 cost 50 leva saw them being sold in resort at 47 but think they may have been fake decided to play it safe and get them at the airport as they were not for us.
:D :roll: Hi this is my first time on this forum, I would just like to ask if anyone can tell me which supermarket in Sunny Beach I can buy Lambert & Butler cigarettes that are not fake !! and how much they are ?as a friend of mine has asked me to bring her some back, regards Lizzydrip. :lol:
I don't think you will be able to find any genuine Lambert & Butler outside the shop at Burgas Airport and the aircraft you fly on.

The packets look convincing in the resort mini markets, but they are fakes believe me.

Peter
Fake Fakes.sounds good :lol:
stay well away from the fakes

theres allsorts of rubbish in them

buy victory's they are the locals prefered choice and they arent a bad smoke

they come in all strengths and you can even get menthol
Zdravei Peter,

....and the aircraft you fly on.

Having flown into Varna last night with Bulgaria Air, anyone flying with them won't be able to buy cigarettes on the aircraft - they did no in-flight sales at all, other than their 'sky bar'.

Baldur
Try the little Tobbacco and drink shop down the Street of Artists Just off the central boulevard in Sunny Beach, it is tucked into a hotel front.

Lovely couple run it and speak very good English, they have all types of cigs and drink at good prices. Dont be surprised if they pop in a few swear words as some visitors have learned them some (Unusual) phrases
Lovely couple run it and speak very good English

When were you last there? Things change so much from year to year that the people you met and the places you enjoyed last year might not be there this.

This has happened to us countless times.

Peter
Last July Peter.

From the banter with other customers I would say that the shop has been here for a few years
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.