Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
£4 I paid I was ripped off I Think

:rofl :rofl

someone will let you know about bling soon

lez
Jewel Collection, Shop No. 13 Luisa by the Sea, Cavelossim. Proprietor Jaan ~~ I've been buying white gold/diamonds/emeralds from him for years. The quality is fantastic and he uses a special 'bling' machine which confirms diamonds are pucker. Tightjock bought from him last year and I'm sure he can vouch for my comments.

Hope this helps.
hi i got a white gold and diamond engagment ring last time i went from a little place called wooden world strange i know they also made me and my now husbands wedding rings and mine is white gold with diamonds all the way round there fab they changed it a least 4 times untill i was happy.
The place is next to shooters bar on the main road into baga, we got them checked when we got home and ill say they where definatley value for money.
i tend to frequent shooters, so i will have a look in there when i go in march,
Guru in Candolim for the last 5 years I have spent a small fortune and never been disapointed
Roma,
Pop in Jewlers on Candolim beach road has a good selection of white gold.
Bashir is the Owner amd Ami is his no 1 assistant.
They always have good stock and will tell you the quality of stones etc. They work on fixed prices so they will give a genuine price first time.
Hello all!! off in...ummm let me think.....2 WEEKS!!

Cant Wait!!!!
:D

Can anybody reccomend a jewellers in and around candolim??

Looking to get that special ring!! :wink:

Many thanks!!
Hi, we went to Chandra's in Candolim (opposite Dona Alcina) and after a hiccup to start with we are really pleased.
I can recommend Quasar Arts next door to the Sunset Beach Hotel, we have bought from him over the last 7 years, this time Pete bought me a princess cut solitaire ring, I chose my own diamond and setting and when we went to collect it, it was perfect. I haven't had it valued yet but would expect it is worth at least double what we paid.

Debs
We must have hit Pop In on a bad day because he showed us an appallingly flawed diamond to start off with. Once I got my glass out and started examining things, his attitude changed!

We persevered with Living Jewels (just past the Panjim junction) and they were good and very helpful and patient. The guys are Perry and Harry and they understand about Holiday Truths - I told them "one bad deal and it's on the internet is hours." Tell them you are a contributor!

You need to examine things carefully though - there are a lot of poor quality diamonds around. Even if you don't (as I don't), you need to make out as though you know a lot about diamonds. Do a bit of research on cut, carat, clarity etc before you go.

Good luck!
DebnPete.

We have also bought jewellery from Quasar Arts.

The valuations we have carried out have always been excellent.

We haven't been to see him for a couple of years as we have been staying in the south.

Although we are staying in the south again this year, we are going to go to see him in February.

Do you know if he has an e-mail address?

Sydney
I would say go and see ASHOKA jewellers in candolim he is a few doors from the elephant shop ...........only we had bought 7 rings between my brother his wife myself and hubby ....I would have bought one I seen in his shop .....I have to have the ring I seen there so in november I wont be shoping around my mind is made up already ...........dont tell my husband haha..........the shop is a father and son setup they are such nice people they called us in of the street and told us his shop was A/C he got us a cold drink and we never even bought of him .....if you go to see him tell him the lady from Ireland sent you .............colleen
Hi Sydney

Don't think he has an e-mail address. You will be surprised when you see his shop, it's all been refurbished, all nice and bright with ceiling fan. We are back in March and if I can persuade Pete hopefully will be paying him another visit.

Debs
I've had 2 rings made for a friend of mine, and bought 2 for myself (I deserve it!) all 18ct white gold diamonds all from Guru (by Magnum resorts) - all lovely and excellent value for money. I've also heard Zorro on the Beach Road is very good, I met him on my last night, he was very nice.
I can recommend Kash and Karry jewellers in Candolim/Sequerim, they are at the entrance to Stonehouse Restaurant, which I can also recommend! Bought loads of things from them over the years, a small business but nothing too much trouble and good UK valuations. I know of people who buy there to sell on in UK. Good selection but can make things to order also. I do have some reservations about some of the larger establishments, interesting to see a recent report about poor quality diamonds being attempted in a sale then eventually being replaced by better quality, I hear many such reports on the ground here maybe that's why they can afford such large business premises, Just a thought!?! :wink: Happy shopping :D
My son bought an engagement ring from living jewels. Was sold a diamond solitare for 1.5k and was told it would be worth at least 5 - 8k in the UK. He could have bought cheaper but the diamond we were shown looked fantastic. He has had it valued here and the valuation came out at 3k. Although it is worth double what he paid he is happy, but he could have bought a cheaper diamond and had the same valuation. I am not so sure that the diamond he bought is the one in the ring as he said he can see a line right across the diamond and this was not in the diamond we were shown. So do your research and check on the diamond when handing over the cash.
Hi
We've bought all sorts of different jewellery from Perry at Living Jewels over our last 5 holidays in Candolim and the quality of the stones and workmanship has always been excellent.

MK61
We've always found Perry to be very honest.
I bought an emerald and diamond bracelet from him last year and when I took it in to be valued, the jeweller was gob-smacked at the colour and clarity of the emeralds (Perry had bought them as a 'job-lot' of 10 stones and they were perfectly matched).

Is anyone in your family/friends going back to Goa soon?
If so, I'd be inclined to take the ring back and see what Living Jewels say or at least get in touch with them.
Did they say what grade the diamond was (VVS/VS/SI) and what the colour was?

Here's their email address:
ljgoa@yahoo.co.in

Regards
Polly
I'm very surprised to hear about the ring as we've been buying from Perry for years and have always had excellent quality from there.We have just got back and had a load of jobs done for people that we know, none of it amounting to thousands, but it was all done for us as though we were spending alot more than we did.
I had 2 rings copied from silver originals and I liked one of them so much that I had one done for myself.We also took old ,broken and unused gold with us and I had a £295 bracelet from mine and my sister had £15 paid to her as well as the ring that was made for her, my friend had her engagement ring mended as it had to be cut off...and her wedding ring made larger, she had 1 earring that had belonged to her Nan and asked if anything could be done with it so Perry had it made into a pendant for her, my daughter wanted charms added, moved round and a new one too. All in all these were all probably quite irritating little jobs but we were treated as though nothing was too much trouble...I know that Perry and Harry really value their customers and they would be upset if someone was unhappy in any way...definitely take back any thing that you are not happy with or get someone to take back for you and I know that it would be put right without hesitation..one of my previous buys was £500 and valued here at £3500...I really hope the matter is resolved for you.
all the best to all Goafans Dobbydog
i also bought an engagement ring from perry, it was 0.5 ct and he showed me the diamonds first. i then popped back to the shop the next day to collect the ring. he told me it would be worth 3 to 4 times more in the uk. i paid 370 pounds. i got it valued in the uk and they said it would be worth 500 - 600. they said it was only an si2. i looked at the diamond and it had a line across and a small chip in the corner.the diamond he said he would put in the ring did not have any lines in like this one. its my own fault for not checking closely. harry and perry seem really nice pople aswell. just be alert is all im saying
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.