Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Debnpete and nikkie ......deb its good to know you are happy with your valueations .....the 2 rings that came back as sub/std gold....are still worth more than we piad for them ....safeguard said that if the rings had have been 18crt gold it would only have put them up in value by apx £100 each .....they said its not the gold its the diamonds that puts the value up .............my family say I should be happy the rings are not less than we paid .......

What is the chance my jeweller dose not know the gold is not 18crt....because he gets the rings made ..its NOT him who makes them....

Nikkie I have used this jeweller for years and this is the first time I have ever been unhappy ..I have bought rings from him that were valued 7 times what I paid ......I just dont know how 2 out of 7 are .......sub/std gold .....colleen
Colleen
What is the chance my jeweller dose not know the gold is not 18crt....because he gets the rings made ..its NOT him who makes them....

This may be true - but your jeweller passes orders that he has taken from his customers onto HIS supplier, and I would have thought that he would check completed orders to ensure they are of adequate quality and to the specified design.

Can you tell us which jeweller you used please.

Thanks
Polly
The jewellers give the people who make the jewelry the gold to make it, there is little chance they did not know what they were giving.
That makes it worse Sam ...all I can do is wait to november its a long way off so I will let you all know more when I know more myself ....colleen
Daughter bought diamond ring from Guru in Candolim in Jan, valuation back today from independent jewellers - treble what she paid for it, will get mine done in a couple of weeks.
OAP do you mind me asking you who you send your jewellery off to ..to be valued :?: colleen
goa
Hi Colleen - jeweller in home town - have pm'd you.
Bought Wife a piece of jewellery at Treasure Box in Beach Road in Candolim have had it valued since got home and its treble what I paid for it :lol:
I can second that, I have used him many, many times and always been happy. If he asks me for another mobile phone however...... :twisted:
My wife and I first went to Shamrock Jewelers ln Baga Road in 2006. We purchased a diamond ring which was designed specially for us. On return to the UK we had the ring valued and were very pleased as it was five times the amount we paid.
We returned to Shamrock this year (Feb) and took with us some old gold pieces of sentimental value,three of which had small diamonds.
They melted down the gold and made a beautiful bracelet with the 9ct gold,a ring and a pendant with the 18ct gold. They designed the pendant with the three diamonds set into the gold.This left the ring to be designed with a lovely space to purchase a diamond to fit.
The bill for the diamond ( 0.87) was £998.00.
I have had the ring valued at £3,950.00 and the pendant at £1,950.00

Obviously delighted with the valuation. I would like to say the standard of service we received was fantastic.

Majeed(owner) and his designer are of the "old school". Jewelers of this individual quality are fast fading away and most of the others are large outlets for commercial quality items.
Majeed and his designer have time to spend discussing your individual needs.
They are not overpowering ,unlike many of the other larger shops, they have no need to ply you with free drinks or pay taxi drivers a commission to drive you there!

All in all our experience was very enjoyable and made our holiday for us.

Our advice - GO THERE AND BUY !!!
:) I would recommend Zorro on the Beach Road in Candolim. He is the most genuine person I know there. He makes brilliant jewellery and nothing is too much trouble.
I do not recommend zoro on beach road :(

Over the years he has made various bits and pieces for us and our friends however on my friends last visit he made various rings for him which were brass with a thin gold plate over them, which obviously wore off, when confronted he didnt want to know and didnt want to refund money etc and certainly wasnt bothered that ten years of friendship and thousands of pounds worth of business per year was gone.

Beware.....
It seems that for every positive report of a jeweller on this thread there is a corresponding negetive one.

I've never used Zoro, but I can understand your position, Mrstella, after using them for so many years and then getting poor service for your friends.

I've used Living Jewels since 2002 and have always been extremely pleased with the service and quality of workmanship & gemstones.

Perry and Harry at LJ have a massive amount of repeat business, in fact we met 2 couples in there this year that we saw last year.

Perry made me a stunning Emerald ring with 8 baguette diamonds down the shank.
He'd already got a ring in the same design, but I chose the stone from a choice of 4 unset ones and we agreed on roughly the weight of gold and diamonds and he gave me a price.
He checked through his baguette diamonds and decided that he didn't have the quality that he was happy with for my ring so he sent it off to Mumbai to be made.
When the ring came back, the gold weight was more and there was almost 10% more diamond weight than we'd agreed on but Perry kept to his original quoted price.

I am over the moon with the ring he made me (as well as a few other things that I bought, too).

Lots of jewellers who walk up and down the beach try to talk me into going to their shop to have a look, but I'm happy to stick with a shop that I've always been pleased with.

Polly
It is quite interesting when other jewellers ask who you bought from & how much it cost.

When we tell them most keep quite and don't ask again.

We take this as a sign that they would have charged significantly more by them.
A lot of the jewellers who patrol the beach and stop for a chat (what we euphemistically call their attempts to encourage me to buy something from them :roll: ) always ask what I've bought and how much I've paid but I never tell them the price, I just say 'that's between me and Perry'.

Polly
Agree PPC - We were happy with our deals at Living Jewels.
Hello All, we have been useing GM Jewellers in Tito's Road for 3 years, a good freebie is the wife brings her jewelly with and has it cleaned for Free, Also they make unique jewellry to your design or from a picture and there workmanship is 10 out of 10.
we always recieve a certificate will the new jewllry she buy's and in the UK when it gets valued upon our return it is always worth 3 to 4 times the value that we have paid.

I would reccoment to anybody.
If you want jewellery I strongly recommend you visit Shamrocks opposite the Ronil Beach Resort Hotel in baga. My wife and I have been going there for the last four years and have found his jewellery to be of a high class and excellent value for money. We always have our rings etc valued in the UK and they have been at least three times more than what we paid. Shamrocks sell the right jewels at the right price - go there and get a bargain.
i second you cordtex i have just got back from goa and bought my jewellery fron gm jewellers on titos rd. I wanted to get a bracelet i saw one i wanted but i wanted three pink diamonds putting into it, so they designed it to my spec and because it was too big for me they made the extra links into a pair of diamond earrings and a pendant for me, and while i was their they cleaned my jewellery for free also. I would recommend these to anyone, their service is 10 out of 10 and if you want anything making they can do it. I am going to get my jewellery valued i will let you know the outcome. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.