Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Expensive, but handy I guess, current rate is around 85 Rs I think here... For small amounts (for taxi would be ok I guess), but don't go converting a lot!

THanks
poipleshadow wrote:
Expensive, but handy I guess, current rate is around 85 Rs I think here... For small amounts (for taxi would be ok I guess), but don't go converting a lot!

THanks

Perhaps not really that 'expensive' considering convenience?
The 'cost/loss' would work out at around -5p/£1 (at today's rate).

Hence the question to members already out there regarding what the current rates are at the airport (or ATM) and are they any better?
Latest rate on the exchange is 86.89
Bet it drops by November 9th
The loading rate on the ICICI Travelcard today is just under 85
I thought I was lucky when I got just over 82.
Fingers crossed it works to get the money out again though
Just ordered £50 worth of Rupees from ACE-FX at a rate of 79.8 so dont think you have to order a mimimum of £100 worth, next day delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery
GOANHOME wrote:
Just ordered £50 worth of Rupees from ACE-FX at a rate of 79.8 so dont think you have to order a mimimum of £100 worth, next day delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery

Yes, just checked it.
Website I got the link from seems to be incorrect - no £100 minimum.
So got my order of Rs4000 (£55 including delivery) as well :-)
Have got an ICICI card and transterred £250 to it on Monday evening - Confirmed receipt of request yesterday and had it confirmed today that 21330 Rps added to card - a rate of 85.32. Not as high as the FX rates on XE.com but happy with it and seems to be the shop rate in Goa too. Imagine it won't be as high as this when I go in Feb!!
I'm still waiting to hear from someone who has used one.
Got a bit more on mine and the fingers are crossed that its as easy to draw on it as they say.
I will be able to answer the question in little over a week
Relying on you SteveandJayne! Hopefully (for me) you are not "long termers" and can let me know how you get on.Need to load about another £250 but will wait to hear back from you!! That was my third "load" as tried 2 test purchases of £20 each.Trial and error how much more GBP I can load as they haven't given me a balance as such after 2 x £20 and 1 x £250 - with the exchange rate changing, its anybody's guess how much more I can load without breaching 50,000 Rps!

This will be our 6th time - maybe should have relied upon the tried and trusted cash and ATM card!!
Hi Kippaxian
I shall post how we get on whilst we are there.
We are only there for a little over two weeks but are planning to get back before the card expires.
We usually just take cash as you don't need a lot to get by for a couple of weeks.
It was the exchange rate that attracted us to the card.
Chances are if it works for us we will reload the card if the rate stops high. That way when it does drop at the back end of the season we will have made a few RPS.
If you have kept your email receipts you should be able to work out what room is left it tells you how many rupees you have transferred. Just add them up. You can then use the currency converter on the ICICI site to work out the pounds ratio.
We will probably post something by the 10th
Fingers crossed
todays rate is 86-50 at shops in candolim so why get involved in illegal dealings which could get you right back on the plane you just got of,and get a lesser rate to boot,,,,and yes they do some times search re-scan and check your wallets and bum bags
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.