Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Lucy. I'm a great fan of CSV but I'm not sure its the sort of place for teenagers. The nightlife really centres around restaurants. The Don Pedro has evening entertainment, it didn't appeal to us when we stayed there as it was very loud and we are all for a quiet life these days!!!! Puerto pollensa is a lovely resort with a lot more going on.
CSV is a lovely little resort but it's a one street town with very little in the way of nightlife outside of the several large hotels. Puerto Pollensa (only about 7km away from CSV) has all of the charm of CSV but is much larger and livelier. It's especially popular with families of all ages.
Campos is a charming old Mallorquian town which seems to get on with its day to day business. It has shops, some small bars and restaurants, garages, ironmongers.... all the typical things that a reasonable sized town has, without any of the trappings of the tourist industry. It is not really the sort of place that you would chose for a holiday destination. However, its just a few miles from some of the nicest beaches on the island e.g Es Trenc. You could look at Colonia San Jordi or Sa Rapita, both of which are close to Campos. You could also consider the town of Santanyi, which is a lovely example of a Mallorquian town, with some quaint restaurants, bars and nice shops, as well as being close to nice beaches such as Cala Santanyi and Cala Mondrago. I would also recommend you look at Porto Colom, which has some of the nicest of restaurants as well as maintaining some of its old Mallorquian fishing port charm. Porto Petro is also a lovely, relatively unspoiled spot with enough to keep all the family happy without the brashness of a large resort.
If you want a resort which has a lovely marina surrounded by beautiful restaurants, as well as a town centre with some nice shops and restaurants I would recommend you look at Cala Dor. Hope this helps :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.