Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
each to their own , but i`d rather visit dunstable than go to calis again
It was our first time to Turkey this year and we went to Calis Beach and absolutely loved it so much so in fact that we have booked for Oct and next August . It was so laid back and the people were so friendly especially in the Meeting Place restaurant. I havent seen any bad reviews for Calis so what is it that people dont like? I cant compare it to other Turkish resorts, so now I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something much better elsewhere in Turkey. :?
The beach is foul
the hassle you get (well last summer anyway) walking along the beachfront was unreal , im placid but i was starting to itch to do something i shouldnt
There was a massive mound of broken glass along fron the golden moon hotel that didnt move for the entire two weeks we were there , and didnt look like it would do any time soon

maybe i was a bit harsh , but we went to olu for a day trip , we were so so so dissapointed that somewhere so nice could be so near to somewhere so bad and we had picked the bad one

hence olu this year and calis , never again
I too visited Calis a few years ago. Didn't like the beach admittedly but sunset was wonderful to watch from restaurants on the front. Had a great holiday. Rented private villa and had a great time. Van coming round selling fruit and veg.The owners of this spoke no english, we spoke no Turkish. Somehow we understood each other :lol: Taxi driver, who was listed in our brochure, spoke no English but took us shopping and what a laugh we had as he pushed our trolley around the supermarket!!LHow many taxi drivers here would be pushing your shopping trolley?He also bought us all presents when we left!! We loved the water taxi to Fethiye. My hubby would love to live there. Can appreciate not for everyone but it is one of our most memorable holidays but in a good way.
Like you said Danny each to their own.
Laurence
Calis Beach was the first resort we stayed when we visited Turkey that was about 10 years ago, while we were there it was still developing though it did have a nice promenade. The beach is'nt one of the best but I don't think Turkey has the best beaches just lovely scenery. I think the location of Calis is ideal as you are near to Fethiye which we have also stayed at.
We fell in love with Turkey and have been to six different resort and all a bit different. We are giving Turkey a bit of a rest now and doing the greek islands which I love as the people don't hassle you like they do in Turkey.
Saying that I do find the Turkish people are lovely once you get used to there way of life.
BUT lol

the sunset was LOVLEY and we have that blown up as a lovley picture in our bathroom

We went to fethyie , and i in particuolar loved it there , wondered round watching the kids playing at school by the dolmus stop to the ruins

Its just that 55 manchester city fans decided to book every room in the golden moon apart from ours and ruined the holiday completley , i know , thats just bad luck though

as for the beach , i still maintain it was vile , and i have seen other beaches in turkey and they dont come close to being as bad

Dan
Another Calis fan here. Calis is the beach part of Fethiye really, most people travel between the two. I love Calis sea front, we find the hassle virtually non existent. We arent beach people either, if I had to criticise it would be the number of street dogs but I know there are people working on that situation.
Hmmmm i`m getting outnumbered here !

there must be others like me !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.