Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Calis ?
5 Posts
its about the same size as bitez, but I don't think its as nice.
Really good location if you want to visit some other resorts, Olu deniz, Fethiye, Hisaronu etc.
Home to quite a lot of ex pats so is a bit "british" in some respects.
Can't really recommend any hotels, we have stayed there 4 times in the past at different hotels and apart from the Aries they were all pretty much downmarket.
But we did have some good holidays there before we found bitez and if you haven't been before its worth a look.
We're hoping to go to Turkey last week in July first in August and we have found a place on Calis Beach. We've been to Bodrum and Altinkum before but fancied something a little further along the coast and within a short distance of Olu deniz, Fethiye, Hisaronu.
I'm prepared for the Turkish invites to shops and restaurants and a bit of haggling so that's not an issue. What about the food, plenty of Turkish food or has it gone over to pies, burgers and chips? Is the beach as shingle as some suggest? What's worth seeing for a bit of history/culture? Any worthwhile restaurants to mention? etc etc.
Any info appreciated
Please and thanks.
Calis is lovely , nice promenade with plenty of choice of restaurants Turkish Chinese Italian few worth mentioning Bella mamas Guvens Sat Beach Club Georges Orient all very good & reasonably priced also explore some of those off the promenade you sometimes get better value when you havent the sea view .. you mention about the beach at are apartment Sunset Beach Club they have brought in sand and have put play area onto beach along with volley ball nets, anyone can use the free sunloungers on the beach you only have to buy a drink or food from the bar which is also very good..give it :sun2 :sun2 a try when your there
thanks for the reply.
We're now booked into Summer Apartments, but I'll check Sunset Beach Club, sounds good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.