Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya, You can of course contact the hotel, and ask in English, they understand many languages, and are very efficient.

You can of course google "Translate English into Turkish" and many sites will appear.

I can translate a little but I am not au fait with Turkish language, can say a few words, and understand a few, but it is difficult to write.,

so I would suggest going onto the translate site or message Kedi yavasaru, (think I may have spelled her name wrong? sorry Kedi) who comes onto this site a lot, she will be able to help you I am sure.

Hope this helps a little, if all else fails, e mail in English,

Take care

Trifle

Oh, and many congratulations on your wedding, and have a wonderful honeymoon. x :love
yes I'll second Triflebum - email them in English. I have contacted apartments directly a lot and always sent my emails in English.

Never had a problem communicating my requests :)
Hi :wave:

I will ask my husband to translate for you as my Turkish is not so good, but I would also suggest emailing them in English, otherwise you wont understand the reply! I'm sure there will be someone who speaks good English there, I always find they speak excellent English.

Kedi
Its still not too late to let your tour operators know that its your honeymoon. They don`t usually pass request on to the hotels till 2 weeks or less before you travel.

Congratulations on your marriage and I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon.
Thank you very much everyone! I emailled the hotel in English and awaiting a reply. I didnt know operators dont let the hotels know until later on so I will call them back as well. Thanks for the advice!

I have got my fingers crossed the weather is hot as we booked Turkey thinking it was one of the hotest places (we could afford) for our honeymoon in May. Ive heard mixed so everyone keep their fingers crossed for us :D

:wave:

not to sure about mechanical translation

Biz kalıyor oluruz eğlence ve plaj klüpü.
Ad Geddes ve ben senin bu bizim balayımız biz evlenilmeyeceğiz as olduğunu bilmene izin vermek için istedim 1. mayıs. Ben özel birşey olursa senin bu occassion for yapamadığına şaşırırım?

hope this helps :sun2
I appreciate this!! THANK YOU.

I recieved an email back from the hotel in english saying they will do their best for us.

Kind thanks to everyone.
Thats great news, I hope you have a fabulous time.

From what I remember the Turkish realy look after you.
That's good, I thought you would get a reply in English, better than emailing in Turkish then getting a reply that would need translating ;)

May is usualy lovely weather so don' worry, I lived thre for a few years and never saw a bad May.

I'm sure you will get something for your honeymoon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.