Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Tricky one.....You could try your home insurance but not 100% sure on that one. You're cutting things fine really due to the time element.

You could try contacting both parties involved and request a change of date ie move it to next year - but both will incur charges for changes, not only for the move but also because of price differences.

Another option would be to pass the holiday on to friends - again this will incur amendment fee's.

We always buy annual insurance as we travel a few times a year - and we always know we are covered - obviously ok if you are like us, but either way you should always ensure you book travel insurance at the same time as you book a holiday. Too late I know but a lesson learnt.

If none of the above are an option and it looks like you are going to have to 'give up' the holiday - then leave it until the last minute. Things may change with your father in law and you may still be able to go.

Hope someone can come up with something more positive.

Thinking of you and your family.
I think Glynis has already given the most constructive advice , but in the ebent of having no insurance cover and not being able to amend the dates , It may be worth advertising the holiday for sale somewhere such as ebay.

You would normally find the admin costs for a name change are about £25-30 per person and although it is still possible that you would make a loss on the hoiday hopefully you would be able to recoup some of your outlay.

Personally I would contact the TO as soon as poss and the c/c company (some carrds have free insurance attached) adn sound out all of the options that are available to you.

The holiday is after all sure to be sought after as you are covering new yr and xmas and most people favor the canaries at this time of the year.
The message is when you pay for a holiday in full take out insurance, you never know whats going to happen. What really puzzles me people go abroad with no insurance when it can be bought on the web very cheaply. Then you get the person with pre-existing medical conditions who don't tell the insurer and wonders why they are not covered.

The only thing you can do is talk to thomson fly and travel republic and more less what glynis has said.

This is where I say a package holiday gives you more protection. Most tour ops will now let you make a change right up until 7 days before departure for a fee of £50 per person. I hardly do DIY now because the tour op prices are hard to beat most of the time, and you don't get anywhere as near the same level of protection on a DIY compared to a tour op.

Instead of losing all your money you could of put the holiday back a few months if needed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.