Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Cape Verde- Q&As
120 Posts
Hi would Cape Verde be any good for 3 couples aged 40 something(going on 20) We like good food, a variety of nightlife and a good laugh :lol: Thanks
Unless you like Hotel based nightlife then no. Any of the canaries would be better.

Kind Regards
Stewart
We don't mind hotel based nightlife if you have a choice of a few hotels. If its just the one however we tend to get bored. We prefer B & B or self catering.
Cape Verde is predominantly AI hotels as the resorts are new and under developed at the moment so I dont think this is for you. A few years time when it becomes more established then maybe.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I guess it will deoend on what Island/resort that you go to. Santa Maria on Sal reads ok?
does anyone know the timetables and prices of internal flights from sal to the other islands as we are ging in november :lol:
A friend of mine is consdering a trip to Cape Verdi next April and has heard a bad report on the area. They are looking for peace and quiet and are thinking of the Riu hotel on an all inclusive basis. Has anybody been there and could give some advice?

Kind Regards
Jackie
There's a sticky topic at the top of this forum which may give you some additional information.

luci :wave
Hi everyone

I have just booked a wks holiday at the Odjo D'Agua hotel and I have read mixed review about the hotel some very good some bad, finger crossed that the bad ones where just unlucky, but at least having both views we are aware of the possible problems.

I wonder if there are any cash machine in Sal, I have a Nationwide cash card which I usually use whilst on holiday, can any member help me regarding how available machines are, if none are available whats the best way to get money etc

Many thanks

Jules
there is only one ATM at the airport I'm afraid. Travellers cheques and foreign currency can be changed at banks. Please be aware that credit cards will not be accepted everywhere. I'm sure that will change within a year or two but large scale tourism is really only at the beginning in the islands.
I've asked for your hotel to be added to our reviews. When are you going Jules? I'd love to hear how you get on- I think it would be good. :D
Hi Fiona

Thanks for infor re ATM, I have read the previous pages and a memeber call davehindle posted a website for cape verde forum Im just wonder if he is still a member of theis forum think if was may last year he posted the address.

We are going 26th July so not many sleep :wink: and I will post hotel/resort on my return

Thanks again

Jules
Wonder if anyone can offer information on this aspect of a holiday in the Cape Verde Islands ?
We are thinking about a 2 week stay in Jan/Feb 2008 and don't want to spend all the time beach/pool lounging.
We are late 50's but 'reasonably' fit !!!! and would like to know what excursions/trips/out of hotel activities etc are available. Don't mind an island hop or touring and different resorts even. I suppose that you could call it 'things to do'.
Cheers

Brian
Hi Everyone,
What a relief Iv'e found a thread that at least vaguely knows Cape Verde Islands. We booked a 2 weeks holiday for Oct 08 back in May not having even heard of it before I put a request out on another web site for any info I didnt get a single reply so it is good to know it really does exist on the tourist map.
We are booked in at the Morabeza Hotel on Sal in Santa Maria has anyone been there ? or anywhere else. also any practical advise such as the cost of living things to do etc etc etc .
I see from the thread "goanaddict" has been recently
if you liked it "goanaddict" I'm sure we will as we are long time Goa addicts too.
Hi Goanaddict! How did your trip go? We're looking for somewhere different to go ,so would be very interested to here your opinions. Thanks
anyone know how windy it will be in july ?
Can anyone please advise on the following prior to us booking.
Which mobiles work on Sal.Is Topless sun bathing allowed at the RIU hotels on Sal.
Hi,
Flying to Sal next week. We have filled in the visa application form on the Thomson website with the assurance that we simply go directly to passport control and the visa is issued. Can anybody comment on what really happens? I can't believe that the process is that simple!

Thanks,
Snakey
I can't comment on Cape Verde but have gone this procedure for a couple of other countries and yes- it is that simple :D In the meantime those who have been to Cape Verde will keep you right. Welcome to HT by the way!
Just remembered another question. I have read that flies can be a problem in Sal, but are mosquitoes also a problem? Do I need to take precautions against them?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.