America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
suntrust ones don't as I have just used my nationwide card there and not only got a good rate but no charges either.
Thank you- are they all over and easy to find?
Bear in mind Jules that your bank will still charge you for overseas withdrawals unless you are with a nice bank (such as Nationwide) that still don't charge their customers for this service. We signed up for the Nationwide Debit Card prior to our 9 month trip back in 2006 and we saved a bundle on ATM fees.

Try and avoid any ATM's in the hotels, these always charge and also Bank of America charge as well (I think it is $2 per transaction, but that might have changed).

To this day I have never found an ATM in Orlando that doesn't charge but there are obviously some out there. Try googling Suntrust and see if they have ATM locators on their website.
what about in the airport?- we are just waiting for our nationwide debit card to arrive.....
Many USA airports ATM's charge. In saying that, I don't think I have ever withdrawn money at Orlando International.
Suntrust atms are usually in walmart stores or just go to a suntrust bank .
Thank so much-I presume all the atm's warn you if there is a fee- also someone said bank of america and wachovia(may be spelt wrong) don't charge- looks like that's taken care of then. I hope they don't freeze my card- as I will then be up the proverbial creek!
Jules
ps - some people not so long ago gor 2.12 dollars for a pound- it's below 1.4 today!
To save on atm charges, you can get cashback when paying on your card in lots of places, such a supermarkets (publix) and you can pay for literally everything on card. Although the UK banks do charge you for using your debit card (accept for Nationwide wide of course), credit cards don't charge you for each transaction (or at least American Express doesn't that I've noticed!).

:)
7eleven don't charge, easy to use chip and pin with a Nationwide card, and lots of 7 elevens in Orlando.
Last week I was charged $3 USD fee plus any surcharges imposed by my credit card company. A sign was clearly posted on the machine and also came up onthe screen during the transaction. This was at a First Nations bank ATM.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.