Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As far as I am aware If the ATM keeps your card, it is pulled into the ATM after 20 seconds and kept in a secure location. ATM Cards that are left in ATM machines are removed and destroyed so a replacement card must be ordered. You should call your bank and explain to them what has happened. Surely they can arrange to help you. Sorry I cannot be more help.
Hope all gets sorted out.
Anne
This happened to us last year, but we were really lucky, the men came to refill machine whilst we were there, and we shown our passport for ID and they gave us the card back. We did go to the bank in Fethiye though, to check that the money had not been deducted as we had typed in the amount required etc. but not got the money. They were very helpful, and told us that the money would be debited, and then credited back again, which it was. I suggest you go to the bank over there if possible, and ask for advice. Hope you get it sorted.
Are they always destroyed is there not a time limited where you can go and pick them up.
wend wrote:
The atm machine has kept my card. it was at a TEDBANK in hisaronu. Does anyone know how i can get my card back. This is the first day of my holiday

This is the very reason I do not rely on cards when travelling and only use them for emergencies. I've seen it happen too many times. Is there a TEDBANK branch nearby? I would call in and explain what's happened to see if they'll retrieve your card for you. You'll probably need to show your passport as ID. Did you inform your bank you were travelling before you come away? It may have kept it due to the increased security many are now using.

Darren
My partner needs to inform his bank when he is travelling or the atm will automatically keep the card for security reasons. Im not sure you will be able to get it back but if you go into a branch Im sure they can do something or phone home and ask if someone can bank transfer you money and pay them when you get home and get your card ordered.
1st of all...is there a help number on the machine? If so call it.
2nd ..go into a TEB bank branch...if not in Hisaonu then Fethiye and explain what has happened. The cards are kept secure and await collection, you will need passport and to sign for it.
3rd... phone your bank and get an emergency card sent out.
Our bank advised us to let them know that if we were going to use our card abroad, so they can flag the card, otherwise it would be kept by the bank as part of their security process the first time we tried to use it. I know this doesnt help you but this might stop it happening to someone else.
If it is a Nationwide debit card, they do not want to know if you use it when going abroad!!, so informing them before you travel makes no difference.

My card was kept by the ATM after having a senior moment and putting in the wrong numbers, I went to the bank the next day with my passport and it was retrieved from the ATM machine. I informed Nationwide on my return home and they said if it was locked in the machine there would be no security issues and I could carry on using my card, which I have with no problems.
Thank you all for the advice. The flight was only booked late on Friday and flew out on the Sunday so there was little time to get currency, I has been intouch with the bank and can pick the card up tomorrow. This has been a lesson learnt the hard way. :( Once again thank you all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.