Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
If it's worth it for the view, I'll do it. I like to take pics...

how long does it take, Cidermonster?
Cracking views, well worth it, takes a few hours though :)
As luck has it (yes, i'm sad!!)

Costa Climbs & Walks page
Fantastic guide, Cidermonster.
I'm going to print it off and bring it with me...
although, I reckon I'll be doing the walks by myself, my wife and kids are not the rambling types..he he!
Yeah, not everyone likes sweating in the sun!! :D

Roca Maura (the one with the aerial) can be done quite easily if in reverse, so maybe the family can enjoy that one. The walk down to the river Ter and along the nature reserve and beach is quite nice too, and that's a flat walk!
Hi all

Well, got back from Castell Montgri on the 21st July and it was brilliant!

We all really enjoyed it and I had no reason to worry about my eldest daughter.She made loads of friends and had a fabulous holiday.

Only problem I had was the cost of the supermarket on site!!!! :yikes :yikes Very expensive for a lot of things but loved the fresh bread and cakes there every morning!

Also,the sunbeds for the pool IMO are a bit much @ €4 but we used to get 1 or 2 in the mornings when we went down and then leave our towels on them while we went for lunch and we would have them later in the day then if we wanted them.

The restaurant wasnt great at all but we tended to BBQ ourselves most days or eat off site.

There is a free bus that runs every hour from the site into town.

We went snorkelling to Medas Islands and that was great too but the younger ones didnt like it much.

We will definitely go back.
Minty, glad you enjoyed my friend, but one word ......

LIDL!! :rofl

Saves a lot of cash!
Minty, how was the entertainment? Was their any sign of the neds with their cheap alcohol at the football area?
Are neds what we call scrotes?
:whoops :offtop sorry mod!
Hi everyone I'm considering booking Castell Montgri for next year. Can someone tell me which company have the best mobile homes on site. This will be our 1st ever campsite holiday and it took me 4 years to convince hubby to go so would really like a nice mobile. I live in Ireland and the companies I have checked out are Siesta holidays, lifestyleholidays, keycamp, eurocamp and canvasholidays. Anyone any ideas which of these is best? Our boys are 5 and 9. Thanks a million :tup
We have only tried Cantabrica and Siesta and we found that Siesta were far superior. Decking area, gas BBQ and telly provided
Very few bad mobiles on site these days, Siesta and Interbrava all have nice mobiles, i would agree that Club C aren't up to scratch sometimes compared to the rest

Hey Owdbum, NED .... Non-educated delinquent! :D
Thanks for replying so quick. I've never been to a campsite before and I'm just wondering are the different companies mobiles all together or what way does it work. There will be 4 of us, 2 adults and a 5 and 9 year old can anyone tell me what type of mobile to go for? If we get a 3 bed is the lounge area etc. bigger?? Sorry for all the questions I haven't a clue what I'm doing :duh
If you check the website of each company they should have an image showing the inside of each style of accommodation. Some companies are all together and some are spread about a bit. There is no avoiding the hill in this site as the shop is at the bottom and the main entertainment/pool areas near the top.

It certainly tones up your calfs :)
Thanks Paradisio. I wasn't sure if the photos on the websites actually match what you get when you arrive IYKWIM :-? They all look lovely on the sites so suppose I'll just have to pick one and see how it goes.

Thanks again :tup
That's because most of them are very nice! :tup

A far cry some some of the units i stayed in late 90's!!! :rofl
I've never even been inside a mobile home so not sure what to expect really :-? but if they look like the fotos they look really nice.

I was checking out prices with the various companies and I checked out Keycamp.co.uk then discovered they have an Irish website so checked them out and theres a difference of nearly €500 on some mobiles :really for the exact same dates (UK site being cheapest)

Is there any other operator on the site apart from Keycamp, Siesta, lifestyle, go4spain? Also does anyone know which of this have the better located mobiles? Its wrecking my head wish someone would just pick for me and book it :think

Thanks a million :tup
Cidermonster thanks a million for that I couldn't find a map anywhere. I can't believe how big the site is it looks massive. I think I would like to be somewhere near the panorama pool maybe in the green, orange or yellow area to the left of the pool. Its hard to judge from the map. Where would you recommend?

Thanks so much I really appreciate your help
No probs, always happy to help (love Castell Montgri!)

Just remember that with those sections you are looking at being right opposite the main entertainment complex, and whilst that does sound like a good idea, you have to remember it will be quite loud till midnight, and maybe not best if you are trying to get a 5yr old down to sleep (plus people can sometimes be inconsiderately loud when passing) I'm not also convinced that i'd want to be right opposite the gravel football pitch, as some people on here have said youths can hang about there during the busy season (i usually go early or late) From memory, the operators with caravans in those areas include Go4Spain, Lifestyle, and Siesta

When we've stayed there, we've been in two different areas, mostly the grey area SW of the panorama pool, and also the grey area NE of the pool ... always felt they were handy enough for the main areas, but far enough away to be nice and quiet :)
Big site? Here's an aerial pic i took from the hills to give you an idea!!!! :yikes

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1085/525226185_4bd0d56567.jpg?v=0
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.