Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Well, i know i would need repellent at this time of year ... they love me!!! (that's another reason i go early season)

Swimming shorts are a-ok .... if it was Speedo's only, i think i'd be banned!! :lol:
hi everybody
first time on this forum ive been reading about C.M. and im off there 18 aug this year would be greatful if anyone as been recently to give me low down on prices I.E. FOOD AND DRINK, and also if there is anywhere to snorkel/scuba dive near by thanks :?: :D
The Medes Islands are a haven for snorklers!

What kind of prices info are you after?
Isla Medes is a Scuba place near the top of the list of places to blow bubbles after Sharm and Mexico's Costa Maya (further south than Cozumel)

Scuba prices ARE expensive but they give you a full breakdown of what you are paying for not been for a couple of years so can't give exact prices but http://www.grn.es/calypso/pricesenglish.html can I've just Googled
cheers guys just had a look at the medes islands looks great cant wait :lol: as for prices info where to go for nights out for food and lots of cool san miguel with two moaning teenagers and dont worry they dont get to go off getting drunk keep them on a tight leash :twisted: and places to go through the day to eat and keep the kids happy thanks
Hi

If you're looking for diving and snorkeling then look at http://www.la-sirena.net/uk/index.htm

I know during the season the siesta reps offer "snorkeling with the reps". It costs about 15e each and it's a cruse up the coast with about an hours snorkeling. (trip times about 2 ½ hours) They also offer hotdogs, crisps, and drinks for sale on the cruse.

En route they stop around the Medes Islands for some sight seeing.

Its a glass bottom boat your on so if any really young kids don't want to go in the water they can still have a look below.

The divers are in the water as well so even if you don't want to go in they will take the younger kids in for you.

You're even allowed to dive/jump of the side of the boat. (Recommended)

They provide you with the snorkel (which you keep as a souvenir) and life jackets if you need them

On the way back they play prize bingo, do quizzes, offer free sangria (alcoholic and non alcoholic)

Its the people who run the diving centre that offer the mini cruise, but it you were looking to do some serious diving then the diving center is located at the left hand side of the first round about as you come into town.

I would recommend the trip, it's a fantastic afternoon out, just don't forget your sun cream.

I know I'm saying its Siesta who offers this but I have seen other notices up around the camp site for other tour operators, or ask at reception.
Just back from CM for the 1st and probably the last time.

The on-site facilities are very good but those hills are murder. Biggest problem was the under-age drinking by the brits. There were large groups congregating at the football area from early evening and usually ended up smashing bottles and singing songs. When we complained to the camp management they said they couldnt do much as they would just disperse when they saw security coming :?

Signs in the supermarket said no alcohol to under 18s but it was not adhered to. We saw many 15/16 yr olds buying packs of beer and the younger ones just got older brothers to buy it for them.

We went with Club C and although their vans are clean and tidy they are becoming a bit dated when you see whats available with other operators.
I honestly wouldn't recommend the site now, unless it was very early or very late season, especially given the frequent reports that now seem to mirror the one you have just posted regarding teenage drinking, etc - sadly this campsite now just reflects British society (but in the sun) during the busy season! :(
The supermarket is a joke for it's alcohol policy and always has been - money in their pocket and ignore the rules as far as im concerned

I agree about Club C too ... they looked the worst of all the UK coach operators when i was there in May
The Siesta and Interbrava accomodation looked excellent so its looks like they will have new customers next year.

I just wish they would fill the gap at Le Brasillia at Canet Plage, with Club C being kicked out
When i did my 'nosy' walk round the site, i was shocked at how little an area Club C had compared to the others - not sure how well (or otherwise) the company is doing, but their buses (private plates so you can't tell the age!!) didn't look as good as the other companies - however, that's a personal viewpoint. Does anyone know what type of entertainment system Club C have now?

It's not just that, though ... on the day we were leaving, i think it was actually the first week for Club C arrivals. At the coach park, 3 or 4 of the reps were just hanging around, slouching over the benches, giggling away, etc - not the greatest image. The Interbrava reps always met the coaches at the site entrance, meaning you never saw anyone hanging around, however once the coach arrived (and two arrived within 5 mins of each other) the organisation of the turnaround was excellent and all the staff knew their jobs, etc - which considering it was early season and some staff would be new, is a great feat! Ok, maybe that's just a picky point from me, but professionalism can go a long way when you are considering your booking for next year! :)
The Club C area was spread over 3 parts, we were at the top between Siesta and Al Fresco. There were 2 other areas on either side of the road at the Club C office. The patios at the top end were very poor, made up of broken slabs and on a slope. We could only look on enviously at the nice decking of Siesta and Al Fresco as our dinner slid to one side of our plates :cry:

The road in front of us was not as good a quality as the main roads and there was a cloud of dust thrown up everytime a car went past. During the 2nd week a tractor was used to spray the roads to keep the dust down a bit, but as they filled the tank up a few times a day it meant our water was off. No warning was given and it always happened when people were wanting a shower to go out for dinner.
I can remember going to CM in the summer, usually July, and that was in the days when i had to use the shower blocks .... they always seemed to go cold when i was in using them! :lol:
I meant to post this earlier, in reply to Paradisio

I wish someone would take up some space at Canet Plage too ..... it was a resort i had been thinking of trying but now no coach company goes there as far as i know!! :(
Canet Plage is smashing

we take our unit there on stop-over as a lot of Brits do there are some places that let caravans out there but you do need to get your own transport or use the train, you can fly into Perpignan and hire a car
one site I would recommend is Ma Prairie in Canet Plage

You can book pitches (statics caravan or tent) direct with them
Maybe one day i will get round to taking my car somewhere south of Brittany!! :lol:
Hello fellow Castell Montgri holidaymakers, :lol:
We was sick of going on holiday down south to Cornwall and Devon, and getting wet, not much sun and spending in the region of about £3000 (this included spends, transport, food and drink) for the annual summer (HA,HA) holiday, so I decided to look at going abroad to were there is a bit of sun, after weeks of looking in travel agents and finding that travelling by plane would cost more, it looked like we were going back to Devon :( ,UNTIL, I was talking to my sister, who worked for a coach company years ago, that didn't holidays abroad and informed me that a new company took over called Seista, and that they did budget holidays, so I found there number on the web site and gave them a ring.
That was three years ago, since then we have been to Castell Montgri for the last two years and are going again in 3 weeks with Siesta Holidays, I have not been with any other company, but what I will say Siesta will take some beating (especially there coaches), this company took over from Amberline Coaches. :D
These holiday are cheap and cheerful in the last 2 years I have only spent about £2400 on the annual summer holiday(this is for 4 people)and this includes all transport, food and drink. :lol:

The coaches, drivers, hostess and the reps are A1 (by the way does anyone know a rep at CM called Maria, and is she back this year?) 8)

The site is a nice quiet site and you are right about the drunken kids, but if the kids are left to there own devices, then given the change they with drink. If you think of the prices they are higher on site than in the town, but if you think of it this way 3.15 euros for a pint converts to about £2.15, I was in Haven over the easter break and a pint cost £3.50, so there is still a saving and if you get to the bar for happy hour you get 2 pints for £2.15 (buy on get one free). Does any one know the prices for the jugs of sangria on the site? Also if you eat the specials each day there are 2 to chose from then it is cheap to eat (if we didn't like the specials the we eat a the bar just outside the campsite called the Saratoga pub which has good food and is cheap :wink:

The Siesta reps offer "snorkeling with the reps". It costs about 15e each and it's a cruse up the coast with about an hours snorkeling. (trip times about 2 ½ hours) They also offer hotdogs, crisps, and drinks for sale during the cruse. This is a must, they crew are brillant and look after you so well, and last year there was a guy filming the trip. You could then buy the DVD for 5 euros, and it is great to look back on. :P

All in all, for me and my family we loved every minute there and would recommend it to anyone, its a cheap summer holiday, with real sunshine. :D
I have to admit, that despite my onsite gripes with Siesta, i never really had any issues with the journey to and from the resort (except for the earlier start and the hub system)

... however, i have to say that travelling with Interbrava this year on the single buses (a change from Redcrest's deckers) was just so much better. Less sway, less people, and easier to get something from the hostess, etc (easier for her too! :) )

All the passing double deckers (including siesta) looked like Sardine tins!! :lol:
Hey Everyone!
I need help with a song that dj mark plays at the kids disco.
It's that one that sounds a wee bit like Moyagarita - I think!!
It's got those bit that goes aheeeee aheee - aseeeeee aseeee
lol
Thats about as much info as i can give!!!
Please HELP!
Thanks
John
(lRoyal-Murkz)
I've PM'd you a link, it won't let me link to Y O U T U B E on here!!! :x (I have no idea why not!!)

You can tell me if that's the right song, sounds like it to me! (King Africa - La Bomba)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.