Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Well, firstly i think you have to define rowdy, Castell Montgri (and Estartit) are certainly nowhere near as rowdy as some of the other favourite Brit resorts further south.

However, it is busy in July, and i would say that the standard of behaviour onsite has dropped (in line with parenting standards and teenage behaviour in the UK it has to be said! :( ) As someone with no kids, we certainly wouldn't go during the busy season, but don't despair!!

It's still a lovely site, should be good for your kids, and if it gets too busy, you can always take a stroll down into Estartit town :)
Hi

I was last at CM last year with 5 kids ranging from 8 - 15.

I can only comment on Siesta's kids club which was great, all tour operators have their own one.

Even if the older kids cant get into the kids clubs there's still plenty to do (12 was the oldest with Siesta). Every day there's kid's entertainment at the panorama pool from about 12 onwards, that's if you can drag them out of the pool!

Apart from that there's mini golf, tennis, internet or just having a wander around the camp site is great.

It can get rowdy with the older kids, mine got into a few scrapes 2 years ago but you'll find the camp site staff are really quick at putting a stop to it.

Now all kids have to carry their camping pass which has their DOB on it which stops underage kids buying drink and fags and getting into the underground disco. (Nothing will stop the older kids from doing it for them tho)

The kids will love it there, just keep an eye on them and they'll be fine.

The only "problem" area I've ever noticed is around the pool table at the panorama pool, all the kids seem to hang around there hanging out the windows and at the top of the underground disco late at night when its on.

If the kids get fed up on site with the entertainment which I doubt they will there's a bowling alley on route to the beach. It's only open at night and it's really cheap for a game.

If you want any pics or more info let me know. I've only been 6 times with kids of all ages. (Not all mine either!) :cheers
Thanks thats great to know.Really looking forward to it now.

Its really my daughter who will be 15 when we travel that i am worried about.She will be on her own so hoping she will make some friends like she did last year when we were at another site.

Diane I would love to see some photos if you wouldnt mind!Its all very well looking at the website isnt it but i would love to see some real life pics!
Some pics here on my Flickr site from last year, but mostly views!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fk2/sets/72157603390215348/

Some of nearby Barca too if ye fancy going:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fk2/sets/72157603390251974/

I have some other pics of the site, i'll dig them out!!

Diane, ye know i've never been in that bowling alley, but i won't say the reason why!!!! :yikes
Found 'em!

A page from the old version of my website that still works :tup

Estartit Pics
Not seen too much feedback so far this season, just curious to see how busy the place is considering the credit crunch, poor euro, etc
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I've got a couple of questions for you guys who've visited the castell montgri site (we are staying there August this year)
1. We are staying in an 8 deluxe lodge in the 'toranja' (sp) area. Is it far from the action, so to speak?
2. Any tips for newbies to the castell Montri site? (sorry if this covers old ground)
3. Is the ATM on site reliable? or will I need to make frequent trips into town for pocket money? :)
4. Where is the bus station in Estartit (can't find and address)
5. Is there a shuttle bus from the site to town/beach
6. Are the boat trips from Estartit worth the money, I love boat trips but I've been slightly disapointed in the last 2 years (Canaries) as the boat trips were a bit dull.
once again, sorry if any of this has been covered before.
Owdbum :wave:
1) Taronja you mean? (Catalan for Orange i think!) Here's a map that shows you:
http://www.campingparks.com/cmontgri/img/planol_castell_montgri.pdf
Quite close to the action, the panorama pool, football park, take away, disco, etc, etc

2) Tips? Plenty on this thread if you read back to be honest. Just remember it's a hilly site, prepare for a bit of walking, keep enough stock in the fridge and cupboards so you don't have to keep going back and forward, the site supermarket is ok for essentials, but consider the nearby local LIDL for better value ... and always remember your site pass if you leave the site!! :rofl If you can think of anything more specific let me know

3) Never used it, but anytime i've passed it's always been working :tup

4) Can't recall a proper bus station in Estartit, the buses leave from the main street between the large roundabout as you come into town, and the beach. This map might help:
http://www.mapfactory.net/mapa_estartit_medes.php?i=3

5) Never used it cause it only runs high season, you might be lucky in August

6) I did a costa brava cruise a few years back and it was quite good, quite a long trip, anchor up to let people swim, etc. Some i guess are better than others
Thanks Cidermonster, appreciated.
I'll skim over the whole thread today as I'm not at work.
owdbum
Hi Owdbum,

The first time i went to Castell Montgri was when I was 16, I'm now 33!!!!!! The site has been modernised over the years, but not nuch has changed. Went a couple of times in my teens and have been for the past 5 years with my kids, now aged 14, 13 and 8. They love it and so do we as we never see them. We go around the 20th August when the site is getting quieter, the bus into town is usally running when we arrive but stops towards the end of August. I always use Lidl for shopping, much cheaper than the site and have never experienced a problem with the cash machine on site. There is also a cash machine at the supermarket on the way into town at the first roundabout. Can't comment on the boat trips, we have never fancied one.
If any can answer any more questions, let me know and I will try to help

Hope you have a nice hol

Kath
Hi Kath
we go on the 20th aswell!
Travelling with siesta from Bolton, Lancs
First time I've done a coach since my teens, we always went to port Gramaud (sp?) in France....good days!
My missus and kids (12 and 7) are really looking forward to the coach trip! Me not so much...I remember what a grueller the were sometimes...LOL!
owdbum
Hi owdbum,

We go on the 21st this year. Quite to surprised to read your message, I've lived in Bolton all my life, only left two years ago and now leave in Warrington. Where in Bolton do you live? What sex are your children?, never know they might become friends before we get there, that would be immediate peace! ! ! !

Kath
Hi
my kids are both girls...we live in Atherton which is between Leigh and Bolton.
Rick
Hi Rick,

Small world, last place I live in Bolton was Westhoughton. I go over to Leigh once a week to see my dad who works there. My 8 year old is a girl. Your kids will love it!
The camp site is very safe as well, we tend to go near the main pool then it's easy to nip back to the van. Entertainment at night for the kids, especially little ones is great.

Kath
Please keep on topic, ie re Castell Montgri.

Once you have enough posts you can use the PM system for contact to exchange personal details.

Thanks

luci :wave
kayla wrote:
Hi owdbum,

We go on the 21st this year. Quite to surprised to read your message, I've lived in Bolton all my life, only left two years ago and now leave in Warrington. Where in Bolton do you live? What sex are your children?, never know they might become friends before we get there, that would be immediate peace! ! ! !

Kath

owdbum wrote:
Hi
my kids are both girls...we live in Atherton which is between Leigh and Bolton.
Rick

Those are two examples.

We try to keep the topics "on topic" so that members searching for information on Castell Montrgri for example can find it easily with having to wade through chat type posts.

Please feel free to continue your conversation via the PM system.

luci :wave
:cheers

ok, so sorry oh omnipotent one....I'll try and be a good boy from now on, masser... :tup
we also have the holiday chat thread at the top of the forum which you can use. :) Watch what info you put on the forum about family though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.