Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Thanks 'CiderMonster' Already Got Them Though!
Anyone else know anymore of DJ Mark's playlist?
If so please reply!
John
He hasn't updated his playlist since 1742, so you will probably have them all already :lol:
Hahahah! sound's about right. There is one that my child wants and its strange.
She says it sounds like moyamarita :? I dunno what she is on about any help on this would be good!
Thanks
John :D
I would like to hear what others think of the site this year, especially those who have been going for years ... so when you return, remember to post yer reviews!! :lol:

for years i would have said i enjoyed my holiday because of Castell Montgri, it's now getting to the stage (ok, maybe not quite) where i enjoy my holiday in estartit despite the campsite, and just enjoy the lovely countryside, the great walks, etc, etc!
hi
i'm going to c m this year 4th july, can anyone tell me how far away siesta accomodation is from swimming pools.
sorry. from swimming pools.
Siesta have two main areas as i recall ...

one is directly up the road from the panorama pool, and the other is more located to the right hand side of the panorama pool (if you look at a site map)

Wouldn't say any of the accom is more than 5-10 mins from the main panorama pool
Have a nice time .. and remember to write a review here when you come back! :)
lRoyal-Murkz Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:41 pm Post subject: DJ Mark's Music
Can anyone help me about DJ Mark's music? Does anyone have a list of the music he plays as my kids would be very interested in it.
Thanks John

Errrr Is he still there we went in September 2000 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
does he still play Casa Casa with playing cards ?????????
The only person i know who plays Casi Casi, is Pam at the Saratoga pub!
I'm off to CM on 11th July.

Thinking about some day trips (since we've got a hire car), I was thinking of driving to a railway station and taking the train into Barcelona with the family (6 of us) for the day.

What's the best way to do this, or should we think about taking one of the coach excursions?

jim
Flaca is the closest train station - 'bout 20 minutes or so from Estartit. I don't know how much the coach excursions are to Barcelona, but a return train ticket to Barcelona is 14.20 euros for an adult. (Not sure if there are different prices for kids...)

Hope this helps!

t0rie
Thanks for the info. much appreciated.

J
We have just come back from CM it was brilliant!!! Kids had the best time. Oscar the bartender at the panarama bar was the best!! Tip him he deserves it!! Only problem i had was the lack of lifeguards at the pool the ones they did have were either falling asleep or chatting to the girls. This was a big worry as i have 2 small children. The other problem was the under age drinking, i don`t mind kids sat with there parents having a beer but there was kids everywhere with beer, by the pool and swearing everwhere at the bar area. Some good parents about(not).. :roll:
I've said that previously ... and that's why we tend to go early now.

It's the lack of decency and respect from Brits that is spoiling Castell Montgri now ... some of those 'parents' need a good hard kick up the arse! (in saying that, the campsite SHOULD be doing something about it)

Oh, and i agree about the lifeguards ... totally useless - they sit and yap to each other or chat up young girls all day long!
We go in 2 weeks. Last went the montgri in 1996 the kids won Mr & Mrs Castell montgri that year, cheesy I know but they were only kids, they are 16 & 15 now but i'm getting a bit concerned with all the negative comments on here. My kids are well behaved and certainly won't be drinking.

I think we'll spend our nights away from the site, but even the town has come in for critism lately, what have we let ourselves in for. It looks like many nights sitting outside the van with a BBQ and a few sherberts from lidl
I wouldn't worry yourself too much ... maybe i just live in the past for how the place used to be, and also crave times when people actually looked after their kids (those kind of people now seem to be the minority, not the majority :( )

However, i'm sure you will have a great time ... and there is nowt wrong with sitting outside a nice mobile home at night in the warm air with a cool drink 8) Anything's gotta be better than this country at the mo!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.