Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
just returned from ovaick cant say i saw anything in the way of kaeorki bars but the friar tuck looked lively on the night we were leaving we went over for a few drinks and wished we had spent more time there during our holiday
maybe they are found in Hisaronu(?) anyone help?
yeah ive heard about friar tuckers before on another forum sounds a laff.
ow your like me i always find a fab restaurant/bar on the last day :duh do it everytime! thats why im getting prepared this time! been doing my research! i think im getting a bit obseessed/ over excited!
:hols

anymore recoomendations would be fab!

cheers
crumpet x
Can't give you any specific recommendations, but we spent approx an hour driving through Hisoranu last week between about 10pm and 11pm picking up folk on our way back to Dalaman.

It looked to me like there were plenty of lively bars and I could see kareoke going on as well. There is also at least one place that does kareoke in Olu Deniz as we used to stop as we walked past and listen to people trying to sing lol.

Ovacik is much quieter and mainly private villas.
I would definately reccomend Hisaronu, My friends and i did stay in Hisaronu and have been for the past 5 years (as many people say, it really is addictive! lol) although a few of our other friends stayed in ovacik and they walked into hisaronu every night for the good bars etc, its just a ten minute walk. Hope you have a fab time, Elle x
Oh and some specific reccomendations, timeout is an excellent bar for karaoke & turns more into a club at about 1ish, also alot of the hotels in the centre have karaoke bars which often looked busy :)
x
Friar Tucks is excellent, cheap, good quality food and drinks. Handy for us it's right over the road form my mates villa so it's a short stagger home! To be honest though, you're better off catching the dolmus into Hisaronu for more choice of bars and restaurants. I can highly recommend the Butterfly and the Sunset, both are on the same side of the main street on either side of a small junction, they are on the second floor so the balcony views are fabulous. The food in both is superb and the staff are very welcoming.
thanks!
yeah ive heard friar tucks mentioned a few times will have to go!!
yeah we will probably be popping into hisaronu most of the time anyway, was just wondering how much was actually in ovacik if we didnt want to go into hisaronu thats all. im getting so excited!!!!!!!!!! :D
There's not much in Ovacik to be honest, it's a lovely place don't get me wrong but it's mainly residential. When are you going?
hi also going to sunshine holiday resort in september - just been reading about friar tucjk sounds good - although probably go to hissaronu most nights - and maybe olu
no way! might see you there! :wave: when are you going in sept? we going 12th for 2 weeks!
yeah we will probably be trecking into hisaronu most nights i should think. :cheers
the beach at olu looks amazing! ive just seen some videos on you tube the sea is so blue!! :sun :fish
defo will check out friar tucks, also heard lots about sunset restaurant, sounds good.
got quite a bit of info on the hisaronu.co.uk website join the forum for loads of info.
crumpet x
Must tell you about a lovely small family restaurant worthy of support. It's on the main road almost at the far end of Ovacik. I think it's caller Surdar restaurant (or very similar) and it's the first restaurant you come to on the roadside after the Dream Hotel (going towards Hisaronu).

If you're coming by Dolmus from Hisaronu direction, ask for the Dream Hotel and then walk back for 3 or 4 minutes.
They have a limited menu but it's all freshly cooked for you on the barbecue by the side of the road and the handcut chips and finely cut salad are a must to accompany whatever you order NB The portions of chips and salad are a side order and there's enough in one portion for two or three people.

It's small and humble but the food is excellent and inexpensive and the family are very gracious and welcoming - highly recommended.

PS If the chap serves your food with two or three small green slim vegetables on your plate then rushes over and says '' Cherry! Cherry!" as you put a whole one in your mouth, he's actually telling you that they're chillies as I found out when I enthusiastically bit into it!! Some lemon and a couple of Efes put the fire out and I enjoyed the sensation
so much that I proceeded to eat a second one a little later on. I have to admit that I had to pass on the third one!

We told some friends about the 'cherry' incident as it was so funny and we returned with them a few evenings later but this time he served the meal without any sign of chillies. I jokingly said "Chilly! Chilly!" and off he dashed to the kitchen to return a few minutes later with a saucer containing about twenty of them. Everyone passed up on them when I offered them around though and I felt obliged to reward his efforts by eating two or three. I can still taste them now!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.