Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Julie,

As usual with most of this type of website, only those restaurants/clubs/bars etc., which pay a fee for the privilege of being listed actually appear on it. :wink:

Baldur
And this particular one is a prime example. The lists for Golden Sands and St Konstantin are very misleading and miss out a number of ones we have been to and found good in the past.

Sorry Julie, you weren't to know.

Peter
And includes some I wouldn't even put a foot in.

Patka
I noticed in the list it stated the " Chevran Rak " next to the Admiral. I thought this was pulled down a couple of years ago?

8) Toonman
never mind Julie- it was a nice try :D
It was there last September. It's the only restaurant that ever tried to overcharge us, they failed, amended the bill, reluctantly I might add, as soon as they realised I could read cyrillic.

Patka
Hi Patka. Is the restaurant just behind the Admiral with a couple of large Bulgarian statues at the entrance. Go up a flight of stairs to be greeted by a couple offering local hospitality? Upstairs and ground floor seating area's with a band playing.

8) Toonman
Well yet again the favourites for us this year were

1st place Djannys and in 2nd place Condor in Sunny Beach.
Toonman

Yes that's the Chervan Rak. I made a mistake it was Sinbads that overcharged us, never had a problem with Cherven Rak

I also thought it would have gone when they built the Iglika apartments on the site of the old Iglika hotel, but I can assure you it was there last September.

Patka
My kids are travelling out on 5th June to Ravda for two weeks. I already have recommendations for good restaurants in Ravda but there are a few in the group that are a bit finicky (despite my best efforts at educating them). So, what, in peoples opinion is the best steakhouse in Nessebar, and also the best fish restaurant in Nessebar.

Thanks.

I'm sure they will visit Sunny Beach over the two weeks they are therem also. Again, recommendations for the same above.

Thanks.
Best fish restaurant in old town nessbur are 3 at the end as u walk through over lookin gthe sea. exalent service, fresh fish u can see before u order if u wish.

hope this helps.
Hi Pub Dog

One of the best fish restraunts in Nessebar old town is the kapitans shreska (captains table) down on the left opposite the harbour if you are standing with your back to the harbour it is at the left side of the stairs which lead up to St Stephens church. the other small restraunts as you go into the harbour area on the left also are good for quick snacks. :D :D
This sort of discussion always amuses me, especially so early in the year. Time after time we have found that -

1. The bar/restaurant you liked last year has totally different staff who are miserable and the chef is useless.

2. The bar/restaurant you liked last year no longer exists, it's now a shop or something completely different.

Advice is rather like the Good Pub or Good Food guides - always out of date and at times downright misleading.

Peter
Thanks for the replies.

Pete, you sure know how to kill a thread stone dead. Well, not quite as I feel compelled to reply.

You imply there is no consistency in the restaurant trade in Bulgaria. I have no doubt that standards vary from season to season with some, but not all. I'm sure that some restaurateurs want to excel and be consistent, that's how you build trade and the competition in popular locations like Nessebar / Sunny beach must be fierce.

The post I made was a feeler. Feedback provides a starting point and if these good people had a pleasant meal at certain named restaurants and wish to share in good faith their experience then I for one am prepared to pass on recommendations. The alternative is to go in blind. Having said that, that, I must admit, is my style as I regard everything as an adventure. But, my kids, on their first holiday without the influence of Mum and Dad are apprehensive and wanted some advice.
Apologies, one other thing, they in turn will come back and post their experiences on here for others to learn from.

I'm down, I'm gone.....
The resorts CLOSE DOWN in winter, new contracts are negotiated.
Employees change jobs/get full time jobs, many of the employees are students and move on into their chosen professions.

There can be consistency but you cannot predict it in May.

The premises may have gone with more building of apartments and hotels. This has happened to several that we used to visit regularly.

Another factor is that what suits one may not suit another.

Only recommendations from this seasons visitors are relevant. Last years cannot be relied upon.

Patka
thats why BG is always a bit adventurous.. full of surprices and never boring!
The Krim in Old Nessabur & The Dennitza in Old Nessabur are two of my favorites same staff every year and the view from the Krim is fantastic can't wait for July

Horses :D :D :glynis
arizona steak house , sunny beach ( hope it is still there this year )

superb food :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.