Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You may get a better response if you post in the Flights forum.

luci :wave
we all know there is no such thing as a cheap flight to Cyprus from the UK, you may occasionally get a bargain[but not cheap] flight

having been following the saga of airport taxes etc in the Cyprus press even bargain flights may disappear as Hermes [the people who now run the airports] are increasing the fees and seven airlines have threatened to withdraw up to a third of flights next year.. if this happens the remaining flights will sky rocket [supply and demand]

wizard
and add going into the Euro to that !...eek
Hi there,

Flyglobespan flights are quite reasonable from Glasgow, but unfortunately they only fly to Paphos and not Larnaca. To give you an idea if you are hiring a car it is about a 2 hour drive from Paphos to Ayia Napa.

The prices of flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh are horrendous at the moment (and there are not many of them). We were trying to get a flight only from Edinburgh for 2 of us and it was going to be over £1,000!! We have ended up going to Luton with Easyjet and then with Excel to Larnaca and it is working out about £225 each, so maybe something like this is an option for you?

Gail
Can I just add about driving from Pafos to Aiya Napa, that the 2 hours doesn't seem like 2 hours as you watch the scenery roll by. Its also pretty easy to do even without a map, just remember that its Pafos, Limassol, Larnaca, Aiya Napa going along the coastline and follow the signs....
thanks for all the replies guys will look into them
Hi

an alternative is to go Ryanair from Prestwick to Stansted (very cheap) and then Globespan Stansted to Larnaca. I've done it and it is no problem. Few hours hanging about Stansted but I got 2 flights next week for a totol of £320 all in. I save on the aiport parking at Glasgow as I live very near Prestwick Airport.

Even better is that you don't have to be stuck with 7 or 14 days.
von
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.