Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
cheap flights
7 Posts
Hi Alison,

I flew from Gatwick to Varna last September for £58 return with BA and am flying there again with Bulgaria Air in just over one week's time for 216.66 Leva (around £74) return - so cheap flights are possible, especially off-season or if you book well in advance.

Wizz Air is a 'low-cost' carrier which flies from Luton to Bourgas over the summer season (from 09/06/2007).

Baldur
I'm flying from Knock (west coast of Ireland) direct to Burgas, with XL, its €169, i've never been able to get it for less that €359 from Ireland, so defo coming down. Yippppeee!!!! long weekends in Bulgaria.

CBB.
Just checked out the XL site, cant say i had heard of them prior to your post, they also fly to Bourgas from Manchester, noticed they have flights for less than £150 in July, great news, thanks for the info, Paul. :P
I went in peak months of july in 2006 and got a return flight from Gatwick to Varna on First Choice for £100.
If you book well in advance then you can get BA flights for as little as £65.

I have read that budget airlines are starting in 2007 so hopefully we can enjoy even cheaper flights soon.
Booked with BGAir. Gatwick - Varna. Leaving 4th April, returning 13th April - £116 each return. Thought this was pretty good for the Easter hols, especially when compared with BA - they wanted £300 each for the Easter period. I don't have much choice over when I go as I teach so it is difficult to get a really good price.
have tried for cheap flights but cannot get any as i fly from newcastle or edinburgh :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.