Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Where did you stay in Bangkok? Which places of interest did you visit?
We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights, although it was out of the centre it was a very good hotel and I would stay there again.

We visited the Grand Palace, Gem Factory, Floating Market, Rose Garden, We also went on the Loy Nava night river dinner cruise. We also visited a couple of the main shopping centres.
Nicky
what about telling us a little more!
Re KS- what type of holiday do you enjoy? Clubbing? Quieter?
PS Would you be able to add hotel reviews for us please? Here is the Radisson.
I'll post my review on Bangkok & Phuket in the next day or so and will update the Raddisson & Cape Panwa Hotels.

With regards to KS it would be a quiet holiday, with plenty of shopping and trips. My Daughter will 9yrs old and our friends children will be 14 & 11 so something to get them occupied as well.
I am travelling to Koh Samui next month with our 2 children who are 8 and 11 yrs. We are staying at the Imperial Boathouse. Will be happy to let you know about it on our return.
I am travelling to Koh Samui next month with our 2 children who are 8 and 11 yrs. We are staying at the Imperial Boathouse. Will be happy to let you know about it on our return.
Thanks for that Prada, I will be interested to hear about your stay there as I was looking at that hotel this morning.
I have visited both KS and CM several times.
I loved them both - for the shopping though you must do it in Chiang Mai as the night market there is fantastic and is huge , the best market i've visited in Thailand and I've been to lots.
CM is beautiful, less polluted than Bangkok and the sightseeing is fascinating, the Mai Sa valley elephant camps are great.
KS is really a beach holiday , I personally prefered it to Phuket, Choengmon beach where the boathouse is located is beautiful and quiet with just the right amount of small shops , a few restaurants etc - lovely spot to stay I would recommend it, you can still get to Chaweng by taxi if you like.
In CM I would recommend the Royal Princess hotel - right in the heart of town , surrounded by lots of restaurants and the huge night bazaar - very good hotel I think a 3 star and very cheap - hope this helps.
An alternative to staying in Chiang-Mai, which is really busy city is to stay out in the surrounding countryside..we stayed at a place call Suan Bua (not luxurious but pleasant enough) which was set in lovely gardens, and used the local driver to take us on trips around the area - including the Night Market of an evening. Have stayed in some of the Chaing-Mai city hotels, such as the Empress, Amari and Sheraton but this was a few years ago so my opinions on the hotels may not be so relevant.

There have been some major new hotels opening up like the Mandarin Oriental and of course there is the Four Seasons should you really want to push the boat out. Did try to get in the Tamarind Village but it was full...it tends to get good reviews as a reasonably priced boutique hotel.

Of the beaches I have been on in Koh Samui I would put Cheong Mon down as my favourite as well.

See you wnt to the Cape Panwa...nice location.
ks
We've just come back from KS and stayed in Boathouse, would recommend it to anyone - lovely beach and seemed very safe. Also looked at the Samui Honey Cottages while we were there, virtually next door to Boathouse and on the beach - the only downside is that they have no pool which kids usually enjoy, apart from that they were very good accommodation and people we spoke to were all returning guests.
Thanks for all your replies they have been very useful, I think I have decided on the Imperial Boathouse in Koh Samui for next easter.

Still thinking about Chaing Mai, and also another stop off in Bangkok as 3 nights was not long enough.
Did you visit the weekend market in Bangkok?
No we were there Mon- Wed, but next time will plan flights for a weekend.
For Koh Samui I can recommend Bophut. It is a great place but still only 10 mins away from busy Chaweng.
ks
Nicky, I posted a review of Boathouse on here - you are in for a treat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.