Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
chich khan
5 Posts
It's amazing how much the reviews differ? Not many of the forum seem to know anything about it? thanks for the link.
just returned from chich khan. It was more of a 18-30 hotel,, the staff were great but the music was relentless and totally inappropriate for young children as it was a lot of gangster rap and the language was appauling. The volume was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think let alone read. the evening entertainment is the same until about 12:30am and the animator staff take the audience on a conga through the hotel shouting at the top of their voices and singing! there were a lot of disgruntled parents. the beach bar and area of the Chich Khan is the dirtiest on the whole beach. which is a shame! the hotel was clean and the staff are great. We wont be going back!
thomas cook reps were really lax about telling visitors to fill in all their immigration form for the return home - this meant that we were asked for money from officials in passport control for them to fill them in! first they asked for dinar and when we said we didn't have any they said they would take sterling or euros??? this happened to a lot of people! We were harrassed coming out of the duty free as were everyone else. guards digging into our bags and taking money off people! people were taking litre bottles of water through in bags with no checks in machester its clear bags and 100ml only - its a bit scary isn't it?
Duty Free has for many years has checked your bags as you are leaving the store, I suppose its there way of making sure your only leaving the store with what you have paid for.
I've usually found them to be quick and never had any problems.
I've never seen or heard of people in passport control asking for money to fill forms in and always found them to be pleasant.
Also If you did see people walking through check in with litre bottles of water I do hope you reported it straight away, Manchester airport is my local I've flown from there often and they are always very strict on what they allow through, 1 year we put 1 of our hand luggage as main luggage as it had some small bottles of sun cream and my needles in it for my Insulin even with a doctors note they wasn't going to allow any needles to be carried as hand luggage.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.