Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Kellogs

Khans tent is in Sunny Beach and not practical from Golden Sands.

If the Forest Nights is one organised from Golden Sands go with that, but we've never done it ourselves.

Patka
Many thanks - as you can see I am a first timer to Bulgeria!!!!!!!!!
Kellogs, we did the Forest Night a couple of years ago (from Albena), and had a great time. Buffet for starters, waitress service for main course, open bar, plus an excellent show, not dissimilar to Khan's Tent, but open air (the tables are under cover though).
They take the usual "souvenir" photos (5 leva, I think) and you can buy videos/DVDs of the show if you want.
many thnks for that. Any other recommendation for trips from Golden Sands?
This is one of mine from another thread, but it applies here as well -
Have a look at THIS thread to get some ideas, but the best person to speak to is your Representative if on a package holiday.

The prices of excursions are most reasonable, and if you book through your Rep you can rely on being properly insured and looked after, and having an English speaking guide.

Peter
You could try Balchik which is just slightly north of golden sands, it is worth a visit. The palace of Queen Marie is amazing in side but the best bit has to be the gardens themselves from what I can remember it only cost about 20 levs for three adults but it was certainly worth the money. If you are not scared of travelling then you can take a visit to Sunny Beach, Nessebar but I would suggest doing the visit on your own rather than with a tour operator find a good taxi driver that will give you a good all day price reason being it is only about 1hr 30 mins by car. There area few good wine tours round about Golden Sands but I am not to sure where I just no of them.
kellogs, As Mondeo says try Balchik, may I suggest you get a Cab to drop you at the gates of the Botanical Gardens, entrance was (June 07) 5 Lev for Gardens and 5 Lev for Palace, take your time walking down through the Gardens, visit Palace at bottom instead of climbing all the way back up, go out of gate by Palace onto promanade and turn left and it is a lovely level 1 mile walk into Balchik passing many new Hotels and Eateries, aim for thr Big Silo Storage Tanks on Key and you will end up in the Square, where the busses leave for Albena or hassle a Taxi Driver. Things are much cheaper in Balchik than Golden Sands/Albena. Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.