Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi Kev, I would also add Gulin/Yangshou to the list for the Li River cruise. It's classic Chinese scenery with bamboo, comorant fisherman and riverboats. It truly is one of the "must do's" on my opinion. The scenery is just stunning. (look at my pictures in the photo gallery section) I would also recommend that you stay for the river show in the evening. It's a long day but worth it.
Why not read my trip report here -
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=85325
It'll give you an idea of what you can do. We had a fab 3 week trip last September. One you've read it, if you have any questions just shout.
many thanks puddleduck2 great report!
i think we have decided on Guilin, did you stay the night in Guilin or Yangshou?
River show sounds really good as well was this in Guilin or Yangshou?
If you have two weeks for your china trip, you may:
Beijing - 4 days
xian - 2 days
Guilin/Yangshuo 4 days
shanghai and its surrounding area - 4 days (shangha - 1 days, suzhou 1 days, hangzhou/tongli/zhouzhuang - 1 days)

Cheers
Hi Kev, we stayed overnight in Guilin. The show is Yangshou so you could stay overnight there if you preferred.
When you get off the boat there is a "tourist trap" and they try to filter you through - it's lots of market stalls and they inflate the prices for when the boats arrive at lunchtime. Whip straight through and then if you want to shop, come back later in the afternoon when it's quieter and cheaper.
Ask your guide to take you into the countryside around Yangshou for a couple of hours on the afternoon - it's really lovely and is a pleasant way to kill some time until the show.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.