Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
yep, or they may ask you to pay the duty on the extra 200. its a risk you take ive in the past walked through with a lot more ;)
Leave Bloody Hell prices a big miss, they should be shut down .
Just left ours on the counter and walked out. (many others did the same)

Rodz

***Edit to remove potentially libellous comments - Admin**
Need to get some tobacco to bring home....anyone know the cheapest place in PDLA to get it... or is it cheaper on the plane.....don't mind Amber leaf,Cutters Choice or Golden Virginia....it's for my son in law....and it is 500g per person right
Can anyone answer my above question....also if we are travelling as a couple can I bring 500g as my allowance and 500g as OH 's allowance if I say they are all for him
anyone know the cost of 200 lamberts please in tenerife,thanks.
In January we bought 400 on the plane going outfor £35 this was slightly cheaper the Las Americas.Also the value of the pound has dipped since then.
I thought the allowances would be the same as Spain, and other EU countries?

Why is it different to the mainland?
The Canaries are tax and duty free islands. The amounts you can bring back from mainland Spain are that much greater because you have paid tax on them.

Just an aside, a court case is due in Pontevedra, NW Spain soon, where a Guardia Civil chief has been put on trail for allowing vast amounts of counterfeit cigarettes from China to be redirected from the galician port of Marin to various ports in the Canaries. The newspapers didn't mention at the time though which brands were being faked.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.