Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
steve-mcr,

There's no problem whatsoever. You are purchasing two single flights with two seperate airlines, i've done it many times.

Darren
I've also done it Steve. On a trip to Majorca I went outbound with Easyjet and inbound with BMI baby. No problem!
I've done it too, flown out to Murcia with JET2 and flown back from Alicante 2 weeks later with Monarch.
Am I right in thinking that I couldnt use my debit card for the return flight and that I had to use a credit card because I had to pay in Euros? Could be wrong, usually am :rofl
Linsi
There is no regulatory problem with using two operators but it isn't completely simple.

Your outward operator would only be responsible for the outward flight (sounds obvious I know). If it was cancelled either due to some major cause beyond their control or for any reason more than 14 days in advance their only liablity would be to refund the price paid or get you another flight at a later date if available. If you're flying to Turkey in a busy period it may not be possible to get another flight, bearing in mind that the rest of the passengers would be in the same position and it's a popular route at the moment. If you book a return flight with the same operator (on the same invoice, with the same booking reference number) then the refund would be for the unusable return leg as well. But in neither case would any prepaid accomodation be covered. Likewise if the return operator decides in advance to drop the route they would only have to refund that bit even if it meant the rest was unusable.

There is a theoretical answer to this - make sure your travel insurance covers cancellation of the holiday if a flight is cancelled and there is no viable alternative. Unfortunately many policies do not give you that cover so you need to hunt around and check very carefully. Bear in mind that insurance companies change their terms from year to year so don't take a recommendation from months ago. I wrote a comparison of insurance terms for this site early last year and it's now all wrong!! Get insurance as soon as you book the flights, airline schedules are never set in stone, especially this far out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.