Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
yh it is thank you i just didnt ask when i was there and nither did my dad and it occured to me that i keept calling him gareth gates look alike
anyone who is going antique palace in marmaris there is an internet cafe in the actual hotel can you please find out the guy who works there ( the young one please) can you please find out his name and what the young hairdressers ( ramesh / ramish) surname is i will be very grateful thank you xx
I am looking to go to Marmaris in July... was originally going just me and my boyfriend and staying in the Sun Apart but due to now going with his Mum, Dad and his little brother and sister I am looking at staying in these apartments now.

Anyone got the email address or website so I can book directly with them or know the cheapest "hotel booker" online that offers reasonable transfers?
hello fellow holiday makers!!!!
we're off to The Antique Palace apartments in 81 days.....not that we're counting or anything eh?
anyway just wondering if anyone can give us some tips of the best places to visit nearby to there. we are a family of 5 ( 2 adults & 3 children aged 7, 9 & 12) i've looked at reviews on other sites and it seems pretty positive......few negative reports but hey isn't there all? i think some people look for problems don't they?
recommendations of good places to eat will be helpful also, otherwise we seem to spend half of our time wandering around different food places only to find the best ones right at the end of the holiday.
also of course if you know of someone that it's best to avoid that'd be good too.

we visited Turkey 3 years ago and absolutely LOVED it. we were some of the first people to visit Pegasos palace. (lots of people slagged it off......alot of people like to find something to moan about like i said earlier.) the only reason we're not going back is because we have to go in school hols now so can't afford it.

anyway back on task.......please post any info you have about The Antique palace Apartments

thank you
happy Holidays

Sandra :hols :hols :hyper
My friends are sataying the Club Antique Palace in July and was wondering does in anyone know if you can pay to upgrade to All Inclusive and how much would it cost.

Also is the air con free a couple i have satyed in have been and a couple you had to pay for
Hi
I stayed at the Antique Palace a few years ago and Air???? was around £50 for 2 weeks. Not sure if they do AI. Like I said though that was a few years ago.

Claire
Just back from Antique Palace. Yes you do have to pay for Air Conditioning if you are Self Catering it was about £20.00 for the week. I dont think they do all inclusive that I am aware of. Let your friends know that they will also have to supply their own toilet paper - strange but true. They will have a fabulous time though my husband and I really enjoyed it. The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean and the maid is in every day and towels and linen changed every other day. Try Hot Stuff round the corner from the Hotel - its a restuarnat and bar and is great fun :wave:
Please could somebody help me out with a couple of points as best as you can. If possible could somebody find a map with a key.
1. How far is this hotel from the ataturk statue??
2. How much is the local dolmus?? Thanks
Hi

I have merged your post with an existing topic which has some information.

luci :wave
Hi,
As someone new to Turkey can anyone tell me what to expect from the above hotel.I have read lots of reviews and they are very mixed.I would like to hear from anyone who has recently been to these apartments.Also what currency is in use in Turkey?.I have been told to take American Dollars but surely the bars prices are in Turkish lira.Any help and info is very much appreciated.
Merged with existing topic which may have some inforamtion.

luci :wave
Hi All

The most recent review on this hotel was pretty bad,written by Karen,if by any chance you see this post could you please tell me which company has pulled out.Friends of ours have booked this hotel and are having reservations now,if it is their tour operator they won't have to pay to change hotels.We are going to Grand Pasa so they may want to go there.Thanks T.
Hi Oscarben, please dont bump the topics. I am sure sommeone will answer when they can.

Kath x
This is worrying although i do beleive that some people over react a little bit because many of the reviews are very good.
OSCARBEN,Ive read that review on Holiday watchdog so its unlikely the poster will read this!
The 2 reviews on Trip Advisor for this year are very good.
The company mentioned that has supposed to have pulled out was First Choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.