Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We've finally booked club asteria for 12th june, can't wait now.
Hi Janalice

You will have to let me know what the Cornelia Deluxe is like. I am looking at it for summer 2008. We are going to Xandu this year and it will be our first time in Turkey. The children want to go back to Egypt ,Grand Azure again, but i am hoping the steps from the rooms to the pool will sway them to the Cornelia. :lol: Can i be cheeky and ask you what you paid for this year :wink:
Hi, yes you can be cheeky :lol: we paid £4,500 for 4 adults (children came up as adults) with one standard garden room and one superior room (the ones that go direct to the pool) and we're travelling at the beginning of the school summer holidays. If we had gone a week earlier it would have been approx £300 cheaper. Also we decided not to pay the extra approx £500 for the day flights as our kids are now a bit older and should be able to cope better with the night flights now. We have a turkish friend who regularly stays in Belek and I'm sure she said some of her family have stayed in the Xandu and its a good hotel. We have already had some email with the Cornelia re a few queries and they have been very efficient in responding. I was a bit worried about there being only a few english people there but we're not great "joiners in" - prefer to watch from the sidelines to save our :oops: so hopefully we'll be fine. To be honest it was the kids that liked the look of the Cornelia so I can blame them if its a disaster! I like a mix of nationalities so it'll be interesting anyway!
Will report back after our holiday :)
Sorry if going slightly off topic but if you're thinking of Egypt the new First Choice Holiday Village has "swim up" style rooms. This is what we were originally looking at for next summer, because it had these rooms and was a good price, but in the end decided it was going to be just that bit too hot for us. Then we couldn't find anything with similar rooms (that was affordable :roll: ) until we came across the Cornelia.
Thanks for the replies. I think i would pick the cornelia over the first choice village. I did go into First Choice to see what was happening with the Village in mexico, but they have scrapped that one altogether . :? She showed me the one in Sharm. But i am very very tempted by the Cornelia it has very good reviews on another site. I want some sun now though.

On another note we did Egypt in August and it was hot but we got used to it after a couple of days. :oops:
Hi

Is there anyone out there who can give me the reassurance that I need?? Have looked at the HT reviews and they are all pretty much great. Made the mistake of looking at another site and there are some pretty bad ones amongst the good.

I have to say the price for 2008 looks really good compaired to similarly rated hotels and that makes me a little sceptical- what's wrong with it? I know it's supposed to be remote, but we don't mind that so long as the accomodation and food is good and there is enough to amuse the children.

Do I book or not?? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Pam
Hi, we going in june, will post a detailed review when we get back. Have 2 kids aged 11 and 9 so will be using all aspects of hotel. Really looking forward too it, and not worried about the negative reviews as there are far more good.
Hi,can anyone tell me what activities they have at this hotel,have seen a great price for school summer holidays 2008 but have two lively teenagers who hate being in the pool all day.They would rather play football,tennis etc.Brochures i have looked at dont list many of these type of facilities as being available.Thanks in advance.
I am looking to book up to go to the Asteria for August 2008, Has anyone been there this year or last that could give me their views please.

Cheers in advance.
Hi

Thinking of booking Club Asteria Hotel for 2008 just a few questions really:
1 Is this a good hotel for a 12 yr old girl?
2. is the hotel clean?
3. food is it good?
4. location of the hotel?

Thanks in anticipation

Curlylocksm :thanks :pele [/b]
Hi, we were there in june this year, with 2 boys aged 11 and 9. The hotel and grounds are very clean. The rooms are set out in 2 and 3 storey blocks and were nice enough, we had a room with 2 singles and a room with a very large double and a single, fridge was stocked with water, fanta and coke, all free. The food was gorgeous, loads of choice, best we have had in AI, I have a really fussy hubby and he never struggled, good choice of bars and restaurants. My 9yrold made friends with different kids over the fortnite and would join in with the kids club which was really good, but 11yrold is much shyer. He spent a lot of time im gym and turkish bath, even treat himself to a massage. He joined in with kids club a couple of times, went on banana boats and climbing wall, but was a bit wary because most kids (although not all)were russian. Both kids (and hubby) loved the waterslides which made the holiday. They both quite liked to watch film, which was on in indoor ampitheatre 3 o clock on afternoon, also got them out of the heat for a while. Me and hubby would love to return as it was lovely being served drinks at tables rather than queueing at bars, also loved the smaller restaurant on a lunch time where you were served at tables instead of buffet style. We would get sunbeds in garden next to pool rather than right at poolside, didnt have to get up so early and it was quieter, also on afternoon they would push cart round gardens with fruit on ice, lovely touch.
Thanks for the info, think we are going to book :thanks :hyper
Sure you will enjoy it. If you need anymore info just ask.
Gillian
Hi gill mag, just another question can u get family rooms or is it a camp bed or fold up bed, i hate the fact that they have to sleep on a camp or fold up bed thing.
Thanks
Curlylocksm :D
You will love this hotel its fantastic

We had a family room and all beds were normal beds no put up beds :lol:

Rooms quite a good size :D
thanks 4 the info :D

*Edit please do not post in phone text on the forum Briar
Hi, we also had family room, the kids were in bedroom with two proper single beds and lots of storage, we in room with a massive double (must have been queen sized I think) and again a good amount of storage, there was also a proper single in our room as well. Both rooms also had air conditioning.
Hi, I was a rep there for first choice in the summer of 2005. Heres the answer to your questions.

1. The hotel being a 5star in mainly suited to adults but there is a massive pool with slides, a shop selling english magazines and news papers as well as a hairdressers and beauty palour so she should be fine.

2. The hotel is immaculate. Mainly marble and beautifully clean!

3. The food is lovely. I recommend the Italian restaurant but be advised you do have to book it in advance.

4. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Side centre by car. But there is a taxi rank in the complex and a bus stop right outside. But there are restuarants and bars right outside the hotel if you do fancy a change.

If you have anymore questions regarding the resort or hotel dont hesitate to ask! xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.